iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Outdoor Decor............. (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/outdoor-decor-159538.html)

Kro1957 04-29-2013 06:19 PM

Outdoor Decor.............
 
We try and travel light, yet want that certain comfort outside and the comfort of our home on wheels.

We have our vintage Owl lights....
Fold up patio set with coffee table.....
Couple fabric wind driven items... A Motorcycle with wheels that turn in wind. & another wind driven object.

Our portable fire pit
Mat
& of course our outdoor sign that was made for us when we were married
34 years ago....

You don't see those wooden signs as much as you used to.
Any one else put out a sign with name and where you are from?:popcorn:

RickO 04-29-2013 06:29 PM

Yep. We had a sign made with our names, the names of our three dogs, a picture of our rig, and "Home is Where You Park It" printed on it. We mounted the sign to a little golf club holder with a spike on the bottom of it we use for golfing when we only take a few clubs.

We also installed rope lights under the slides and to the slide topper housings to provide lighting outside which isn't too harsh. The lights under the coach also help keep critters (coyotes!) from hanging out there and being a threat to our dogs.

Rick

NLOVNIT 04-29-2013 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We've got below. I got a small solar spot light that shines on it at night. Other than that we keep it pretty low-key. Blue rope lights on the awning & between the wheels on the patio side. The blue color is softer than the white lights & doesn't attract bugs.

If we use awning tie downs, I've got a couple small path lights I put next to the ground fasteners so I (or anyone else) don't trip over them at night.

Lori-

CampDaven 04-29-2013 07:19 PM

I prefer the light of a campfire. It needs no competition.
Porchlight only if necessary

RanCarr 04-29-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kro1957 (Post 1549824)
We try and travel light, yet want that certain comfort outside and the comfort of our home on wheels.

We have our vintage Owl lights....
Fold up patio set with coffee table.....
Couple fabric wind driven items... A Motorcycle with wheels that turn in wind. & another wind driven object.

It depends on if we're only going camping for a week or two, or snow-birding for the winter. If only camping we have those rope lights to light under the awning plus a kerosene lantern for the picnic table the CGs supply. We have 3 patio mats but will use only one when camping. We take the portable BBQ grill everywhere with us. And usually a pot or two of blooming flowers. They would desiccate if left at home.

When snow-birding or camping more than 2 weeks, we set up the First-Up with wind screens and the Gander Mt screen room. We usually accumulate several pots of flowers while in FL. They really add color and brighten up the site. We use all three patio mats and the portable outdoor clothes dryer, or rope if there are trees. I sometimes, if it's a breezy site by the lake, hang my spinners off the awning bars. I also use those cheapo solar lights from WalMart so as not to stumble if we go out or come in after dark.

Quote:

Our portable fire pit
The places we camp provide them. Other places don't allow outdoor fire pits. :sad:

Quote:

Mat
& of course our outdoor sign that was made for us when we were married
34 years ago....

You don't see those wooden signs as much as you used to.
Any one else put out a sign with name and where you are from?:popcorn:
We see them more in the CGs than in the private RV parks. Why let everyone know who you are and where you're from and that you're not at home? Some foolish people add their last name to these signs. Not a good idea in this day and age. :nonono:

Kro1957 04-30-2013 02:53 AM

"We see them more in the CGs than in the private RV parks. Why let everyone know who you are and where you're from and that you're not at home? Some foolish people add their last name to these signs. Not a good idea in this day and age. "

If we maintained a S&B home and depending where it was located, I would agree, however you would be surprised how many folks in our hometown area still leave keys in the cars, houses unlocked, and neighbors who actually watch out for each other and there is zero problems.

Some solar portable lights are not a bad idea only exception on our base camp there are a lot of trees so I am not sure how long of illumination we would get from them.

We also have a vintage home made bug light that was hand made from the 60's. One of those things we just kept from Rv to Rv now we could never get rid of it.

Razzman 04-30-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kro1957 (Post 1550302)
"If we maintained a S&B home and depending where it was located, I would agree, however you would be surprised how many folks in our hometown area still leave keys in the cars, houses unlocked, and neighbors who actually watch out for each other and there is zero problems.

If it was 20 years ago I might agree with you. There is no such thing as zero problems in this day and age. If it's not a physical intrusion to worry about then it could be a virtual/digital one. Posting your full name on anything, anywhere for all to see nowdays is just plain stupid as there's people out there that will get your name and run with it, and in an hour or less they can be using your information. I know, i'm an Information Security Engineer for a large financial institution and see it everyday.

As for the small town/nothing ever happens here theory, don't fool yourself as that's what the folks in this very small California mountain town thought too before an 8 year old girl was stabbed to death a couple of days ago. They too have that mentality never locking doors, windows or cars, or had i should say. Now everyone is packing there and scared to death. It's sad as i'm in this town at the lake at least 6 times a year for camping and boating and it's the friendliest little town i've ever seen. Now everyone who goes there will be under scrutiny.

RanCarr 04-30-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzman (Post 1550776)
If it was 20 years ago I might agree with you. There is no such thing as zero problems in this day and age. If it's not a physical intrusion to worry about then it could be a virtual/digital one. Posting your full name on anything, anywhere for all to see nowdays is just plain stupid as there's people out there that will get your name and run with it, and in an hour or less they can be using your information. I know, i'm an Information Security Engineer for a large financial institution and see it everyday.

You are 100% correct. There have been people I saw on TV, who have had to legally change their names and even move to another town or city because some malicious lunatic got their personal information and tried to destroy their reputations, to destroy them, to use what they knew to benefit themselves in some way. And some of these nuts just want to do as much damage to total strangers as they can. They get some sick gratification from it. The mentally ill are everywhere and the internet is their friend. :sad:

CorLynn 04-30-2013 12:33 PM

I have 2 lawn chairs, and little Colman lantern lights that hang. And a bird bath that stabs into the ground. Sometimes I can not always use my bird bath ( depends on the ground).


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.