iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Winnebago Tour Tips (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winnebago-tour-tips-161008.html)

Jbmsr 02-12-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finhawk (Post 1925053)
Another good idea. I didn't think about it but a Mother-in-Law is coming for a visit so that might make a big difference. I shudder to think about walking in on her!!:rolleyes:

LOL, Thats what gave me the idea!

Jbmsr 02-12-2014 08:27 PM

Hi to all
 
http://youtu.be/WA11sy6_WAA

Jesse

Finhawk 02-12-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 1925096)

Where did you get that thing?? Do you realize how much money you have cost me?

khogle2 02-12-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 1923559)
DW loves this. Jesse

Does the Tour already have the sliding drawer in this location, or did you add the entire drawer and wastebasket? I think it's great.

Jbmsr 02-12-2014 09:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by khogle2 (Post 1925177)

Does the Tour already have the sliding drawer in this location, or did you add the entire drawer and wastebasket? I think it's great.

Thanks khogle2
I moved the water filter back a bit and added the drawer as well. Allows for a slightly bigger trash can.

Jesse

Jbmsr 02-12-2014 10:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Finhawk (Post 1925109)

Where did you get that thing?? Do you realize how much money you have cost me?

We like to wave at our oncoming RV friends and found that half the time they don't see us. When I saw the cool Micky Mouse hand I knew that I had to visit my local craft store and make it wave. Wooden box built around a 12v windshield wiper motor painted black with a rubber pad on the bottom and front to protect the dash and window.

Jesse

Attachment 56025

6.5" x4" x 3 1/2"

Jbmsr 02-12-2014 10:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Fantastic Fan vent covers are nice to have when it is raining out or while moving. I installed the smoked grey color and wasn't happy with the look. I changed them out for the gloss black covers. The black doesn't let as much light in but I don't use the fans for light. They are very easy to install. Also easy to remove to clean. Just four clips and they lift off. This is an Awsome company. They want you happy with there products.
Jesse

khogle2 02-13-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 1925212)
Thanks khogle2 I moved the water filter back a bit and added the drawer as well. Allows for a slightly bigger trash can. Jesse

Thank you.

kjburns 02-13-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 1925096)

<British accent> Have you taken leave of your senses? </British accent>

Your Tour projects had serious uses until you crossed the line with this one. It's got Monty Python written all over it :)

BTW, if you're ever in the Prescott, AZ area, feel free to swing by here and park for a while.

Jbmsr 02-14-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjburns (Post 1926567)

<British accent> Have you taken leave of your senses? </British accent>

Your Tour projects had serious uses until you crossed the line with this one. It's got Monty Python written all over it :)

BTW, if you're ever in the Prescott, AZ area, feel free to swing by here and park for a while.

LOL! Thanks

Jesse

Jbmsr 02-19-2014 08:38 PM

Generator Tray Squeak
 
Generator Tray Squeak

Hi Mark
When you get that good looking coach out of the snow, try this.
Stay warm!
CRC Industrial Power Lube - YouTube

Jesse

marco1b 02-20-2014 08:14 AM

CRC Videos
 
Jesse, great videos on the fixing the squeal on the gen set slide out. The squealing on your 1st two videos match to a tee, the noise I'm having. The CRC definitely fixed the issue. I will make sure I always have a couple of cans on board. The videos are a great way to show the problem and fix!

After buying and bringing the coach back to Iowa in December, I ended up with a lot of salt and grim on the coach, that unfortuantly I couldn't clean off until yesterday. While not ideal temps (mid 40's) I took the opportunity to give the coach a bath. Today we are under blizzard warning. :sad:

Would you have any suggestions on how to clean up the aluminum wheels? A friend who has owned a Winny for sometime said that the wheels only need to be washed not needing any additional treatments (I need to get the manuals out to verify), but I noticed dark spots (likely from the salts and road grim), that looks awful.

Got a quote ($155) yesterday for the bedroom mirror and tape but not the trim. They won't install the mirror unless I bring the coach in, which is currently not an option with all the snow. So a trip to the auto store to find some trim and I'll be ready to go.

Thanks for all the great information on the coach. I have so much to learn!

Mark

Jbmsr 02-20-2014 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by marco1b (Post 1935747)
Jesse, great videos on the fixing the squeal on the gen set slide out. The squealing on your 1st two videos match to a tee, the noise I'm having. The CRC definitely fixed the issue. I will make sure I always have a couple of cans on board. The videos are a great way to show the problem and fix!

After buying and bringing the coach back to Iowa in December, I ended up with a lot of salt and grim on the coach, that unfortuantly I couldn't clean off until yesterday. While not ideal temps (mid 40's) I took the opportunity to give the coach a bath. Today we are under blizzard warning. :sad:

Would you have any suggestions on how to clean up the aluminum wheels? A friend who has owned a Winny for sometime said that the wheels only need to be washed not needing any additional treatments (I need to get the manuals out to verify), but I noticed dark spots (likely from the salts and road grim), that looks awful.

Got a quote ($155) yesterday for the bedroom mirror and tape but not the trim. They won't install the mirror unless I bring the coach in, which is currently not an option with all the snow. So a trip to the auto store to find some trim and I'll be ready to go.

Thanks for all the great information on the coach. I have so much to learn!

Mark

Me too Mark. Sorry to hear about the Blizzard warnings. Great price on the mirror. I purchased a detailing kit at a Wit rally. I love many of the cleaners in it and for sure the wheel polish. I believe you can just buy the polish. www.dwginternational.com
Jesse

bertman 02-23-2014 08:27 PM

Tour Ellipse QD Bath Door
 
2 Attachment(s)
Re the talk about the door on the rear bath of the QD, I had to remove the door to reglue a joint. After it was off, I couldn't believe how much bigger the bath seemed to be. After showing to DW, we both agreed the door had to go. She replaced it with a curtain and spring rod. The curtain closes sufficiently to shield from eyes or for privacy, open when you like the extra space. Besides, there is the sliding door on the bedroom that we close for complete privacy. Also note the mirror on the bedroom side of the wall. I read posts of placing a full mirror on the sliding door, but consider this alternative. You can easily stand in front of it and when viewed from the front of the coach it makes the coach seem much deeper! Does not interfere with the slide closing.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.