iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/)
-   -   Winnebago Tour Tips (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winnebago-tour-tips-161008.html)

majfrizz 03-02-2014 12:41 PM

Has anyone changed the two lights over the bed (head area) where they come on individually. Too much light sometime with both of them on. Been trying to find a small lamp to fit on the shelf next to the bed, no such luck. even considered one of those clamp on lights, did not work well.

bob

marco1b 03-02-2014 08:28 PM

Ideal Rest

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbmsr (Post 1950108)
Our Ideal Rest controllers and cords finally have a home and no longer irritate the DW. Took me 16 months. Sometimes the simplest things matter so much.

Jesse

Jesse, even though I've only had the bedroom slide out a few times I think, each time I've tripped over the cord for the controls. I like the solution you came up with. This is also going on my list of things to do.

I've noticed that when the slide is in (bed is up), that after a few days in storage, one side of the bed is deflated much more than the other side (I do bring the pressure down on both sides prior to bringing in the slide). Is this a common experience or is it more likely that I have a leak? :confused:

Thanks,

Mark

Ranger Rick 03-02-2014 09:14 PM

overhead lights/bed

I installed a second rocker switch to control the second light. Easy to do and brown 12volt rocker switches are readily available.

Jbmsr 03-02-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marco1b (Post 1951062)

Jesse, even though I've only had the bedroom slide out a few times I think, each time I've tripped over the cord for the controls. I like the solution you came up with. This is also going on my list of things to do.

I've noticed that when the slide is in (bed is up), that after a few days in storage, one side of the bed is deflated much more than the other side (I do bring the pressure down on both sides prior to bringing in the slide). Is this a common experience or is it more likely that I have a leak? :confused:

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark
I will ask the DW and see if she has noticed a drop in pressure in one
side more than the other. I believe the biggest thing wrong with your rig is that you need to use it. :-).
Stay warm.

Jesse

Jbmsr 03-02-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Rick (Post 1951126)
I installed a second rocker switch to control the second light. Easy to do and brown 12volt rocker switches are readily available.

Thanks Ranger Rick. Great idea. Where did you install it?

Jesse

Jbmsr 03-03-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marco1b (Post 1951062)

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark
DW says she has never noticed one side deflating like that. Once you air them up and use them do they stay at your desired pressure or does one leak down?
Jesse

Ranger Rick 03-03-2014 08:54 AM

Jesse, I mounted the second switch next to the original. Pulled power from original switch and connected second light to new switch. I have a question regarding the drawer over dishwasher, did you mount the rear of the drawer slide using a rear mounting bracket? I noticed that woodworker hardware has mounting brackets for those slides. Thanks for your great ideas.

Ranger rick
2013 tour qd

counched out 03-03-2014 03:12 PM

drawer under induction cook top

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertman (Post 1940967)
Also wanted to show off my handywork on my QD. Added a drawer under the cooktop above the dishwasher. Makes a convenient place for knives, cooking utensils, etc. The existing blank panel was removed and used for the drawer front. Secondly, I added a ceiling fan in the living room/kitchen. I used the same brand of fan that Winne uses in the bedroom. Power was obtained from the existing ceiling vent fan location. Does a great job of moving air with or without using AC. Both fans utilize a remote control so that fan speeds and on/off can be controlled remotely. Anyone want details, let me know.

Love this drawer. I have the induction cooktop in my tour and the installation requires at lest 3" clearance so the cooktop can cool it's self. that being said I don't believe that the clearance will allow for proper cooling. Anyone else have any thoughts. Hate to cut and build the drawer and then lose the cooling for the cooktop.

Jbmsr 03-03-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Rick (Post 1951622)
Jesse, I mounted the second switch next to the original. Pulled power from original switch and connected second light to new switch. I have a question regarding the drawer over dishwasher, did you mount the rear of the drawer slide using a rear mounting bracket? I noticed that woodworker hardware has mounting brackets for those slides. Thanks for your great ideas.

Ranger rick
2013 tour qd

Thanks Ranger Rick for the info.

bertman is the brilliant cabinet drawer over the dishwasher guy. Scroll back a bit and he gives a nice detailed report. He as been very helpful. I am sure if you would like any additional info he would help.
Jesse

majfrizz 03-03-2014 07:18 PM

for those who have changed the ceiling bulbs to LEDs. I had the vender send me some of each of the brightness to try out. I found out that the larger lights (4 1/2inch)on the ceiling have a wider prong setup than the smaller (3 1/2) lights. and the LEDs they sent will not insert into the bulb fixture. Anyone else had this issue.

smack2020 03-03-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majfrizz (Post 1952530)
for those who have changed the ceiling bulbs to LEDs. I had the vender send me some of each of the brightness to try out. I found out that the larger lights (4 1/2inch)on the ceiling have a wider prong setup than the smaller (3 1/2) lights. and the LEDs they sent will not insert into the bulb fixture. Anyone else had this issue.

M4 products worked awesome for mine

Palazzoteam 03-03-2014 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smack2020 (Post 1952559)
M4 products worked awesome for mine

X2..... They helped us with every detail....and best pricing for quality product

counched out 03-04-2014 06:49 AM

Nav unit in 2013

I have a xsg2na-x unit in our coach. I am experiencing a problem and wonder if anyone else has this problem.
I have been tring to upgrade the maps and doing so and after spending a $100.00 have found that this unit and software is not very good. After going through XiteSolutions to get the upgrade (2013 upgrade) downloading their program only to find out that the SD card does not have enough memory left to get the upgrade. Don't try to get any help form the company, they are in Hungry, and won't respond to e-mail. They even say that can't supply a bigger SD card. Just wondering if anyone else has tried to get an upgrade. Called the maker of the unit River Park and they can't help. Seems Winnie just buys the unit and and put the software on themselves . 2014 units uses a Rand McNally software. Seems like I am stuck with outdate maps.

toddb 03-04-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by counched out (Post 1953028)
I have a xsg2na-x unit in our coach. I am experiencing a problem and wonder if anyone else has this problem.
I have been tring to upgrade the maps and doing so and after spending a $100.00 have found that this unit and software is not very good. After going through XiteSolutions to get the upgrade (2013 upgrade) downloading their program only to find out that the SD card does not have enough memory left to get the upgrade. Don't try to get any help form the company, they are in Hungry, and won't respond to e-mail. They even say that can't supply a bigger SD card. Just wondering if anyone else has tried to get an upgrade. Called the maker of the unit River Park and they can't help. Seems Winnie just buys the unit and and put the software on themselves . 2014 units uses a Rand McNally software. Seems like I am stuck with outdate maps.

Ran into the same problem with my 2011 nav unit. There is a way (escapes me now without being in front of the documentation) to trim area data files from the maps. Example delete Canada or Mexico, delete East (or West) coast if you never go there. That's how I got a 2012(?) update to fit. Pretty sure I tried and failed to use a larger SD card too but that was a while ago. If my nav unit gets lost now, Google Maps takes over!