iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (
- General Discussion (
-   -   I want a thing-a-majige (

Larry & Rita 05-23-2013 11:59 PM

I want a thing-a-majige
I was looking over the outside covers, and the one that covers the back of the refridge is missing a lock, a turnbuckle-a thing a majige that you turn with a quarter and it locks the panel in place.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement ?
If you go out and look at the panel on the outside back of your refer unit you will see what I mean.

Mr_D 05-24-2013 12:04 AM

Check an RV parts store, if they don't have them they can be ordered. NTP (Northwest Trailer Parts) here in the NW has them in their catalog.
Check with RV Pro in Hazeldell off 78th. The should have them in stock or at least can get them easily.

SarahW 05-24-2013 12:42 AM

I believe ours is a doo-hickey. :D

JohnRR 05-24-2013 12:49 AM

I'm not sure you can buy that separetly as they are part of the cover. A RV service shop may however have one in a techs toolbox that was removed from a damaged cover. Also take the cover to your local auto parts store they might have something that will work even if the head is not exactly right.

Mr_D 05-24-2013 12:54 AM

As I posted earlier, yes they can be bought separately. I'm at work right now and the NTP catalog is in the MH so I can't quote the page/part number right now.

336muffin 05-24-2013 01:08 AM

The teckinal name is a twist-a ma-bob, when I broke one I bought a set. $3.95 the best I remember.

JohnRR 05-24-2013 01:09 AM

See we learn something new every day.

Doggy Daddy 05-24-2013 01:33 AM

In the mean time a good substitute is a piece of duct tape. :dance: It comes in assorted colors. It should be part of your tool box.

RV Wizard 05-24-2013 03:16 AM

Here are some RV Refrigerator Vent Latch in Parts & Accessories | eBay

SteveSkinner 05-24-2013 03:28 AM

I can't believe you guys are prepared to pay for a watchm a call it considering they come free every time with a new Motorhome

djbmsu 05-24-2013 06:20 AM

It is a know fact that those nameless items that we cannot ever think of are called "thinga muh bob" Please make a note for future reference

H. Miller 05-24-2013 06:22 AM

They break frequently - any well stocked RV operation should have them. Ours were less than $1.00
The trouble is getting them painted...

Blag 05-24-2013 07:38 AM

Is that the same as a wotzit?

GreatWhite 05-24-2013 09:37 AM

Nah.. you guys, with the exception of Sarah, have it all wrong.. it's a "do hickey" aka "thingy do"

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.