iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Largest Newmar Class A Dealers (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/largest-newmar-class-a-dealers-16593.html)

bkh 08-16-2007 05:57 PM

It looks like I'm lucky enough to have a couple of Newmar dealers within 100 miles, but I'm curious about which dealers sell the most Class A motorhomes.

I'm making the assumption that they would also have the most inventory. We'll probably order, but we're in research and look mode right now.

bkh 08-16-2007 05:57 PM

It looks like I'm lucky enough to have a couple of Newmar dealers within 100 miles, but I'm curious about which dealers sell the most Class A motorhomes.

I'm making the assumption that they would also have the most inventory. We'll probably order, but we're in research and look mode right now.

rebelsbeach 08-16-2007 06:20 PM

Since you're on the east coast, there are indeed many dealers for you to choose from, but first let me ask which model coach you would be searching for?
Depending on your desired direction of travel, I would pick from North Trail RV in Fort Myers,FL....Coachlight RV in Carthage,MO or Lee's RV in Oklahoma City....Those would be my top three.

There's even Tom Johnson in Concord and Marion,NC and Howard RV in Wilmington, NC.....

Not sure what's going on at Howard as they've recently lost their high line tech and replaced general sales managers...
I'd tread down those waters very carefully....
Bill Merrilees may be a nice guy but the Howard family is making the decisions and not Bill.

I have personal knowledge of the service folks at North Trail and Coachlight and have heard good things from Lee's in Oklahoma as well.

Lastly, I would HIGHLY recommend you pay the 1700-1800 bucks for the factory delivery, it's worth EVERY penny!!

GaryKD 08-16-2007 06:38 PM

I second the North Trail recommendation.

Aridon 08-16-2007 06:41 PM

Anyone have dealing with Independence RV in Orlando area?

Thats who we have been dealing with so far but our relationship is in its preliminary phase. The salesman there was very nice and professional and did a good job explaining the many Newmar features.

Thats all fine and dandy but service is the most important aspect and I've read a few good things about them better to ask here from you Newmar folk.

socal114 08-16-2007 09:38 PM

Of the dealers mentioned with no concern for location/distance, which would you recommend for getting the best deal.

aubie 08-17-2007 01:27 AM

Aridon, I,ve been sitting in the Orlando/Winter Garden RV Park since 8/6/07 waiting for service to get me road worthy from Independence RV. Sales gave a good price, talk well, promised all, but once they got the check it seemed as if no one knows me. What really hacks me is that I gave them two weeks notice of when I would pick up the unit so they could have it ready. They started the morning I got here. The biggest problem seems to be no correlation between sales, parts and service. The plan of action now is to get me road worthy so I can get to Camp Newmar. Lord only knows when I can get an appt. there.
Aubie

Bigblock 08-17-2007 02:44 AM

We picked up our new essex in june at north trail rv.We rate them very highly for service and sales.Kevin Richardson was our salesman who was very accomodating when we were looking for an essex.Service is also very good with separate service managers for high line products.I also met Marty Lown of coachlight rv when we were at the newmar rally last year in essex junction,vt.I was impressed with him and his company.

bkh 08-17-2007 03:25 AM

rebelsbeach,

We're most likely looking for Kountry Star DP 3943, but were also considering Ventana DP. We plan to go to the show in Hershey and spend some serious time looking around.

I'll definitley be doing the factory pick up option. It's one of the reasons, I don't mind bidding out to multiple dealers.

rebelsbeach 08-17-2007 04:07 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by socal114:
Of the dealers mentioned with no concern for location/distance, which would you recommend for getting the best deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the best "deal" as the only criteria, I would consider my top three...there may indeed be a dealer that would accomodate you,but to me it's a no brainer to consult those dealers that do the most business...
I might add that "not everyone" will like every dealer as I certainly met some folks in Nappanee recently with some very spirited opinions against a certain dealer, but we must remember that with all the units sold in the U.S. and considering everyone's personalities, not every person and/or salesperson will get along or see eye to eye.
That may sound funny to some, but as someone that spent some 25 years in sales I can personally attest to "not clicking" with the occassional client......Just the way it is.

HuBee 08-17-2007 04:19 AM

Anyone have experiences with Sagon RV in Jackson,Ga.?

rebelsbeach 08-17-2007 04:38 AM

I've heard some good things about Sagon when in Nappanee recently...

Route 66 08-17-2007 04:44 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We plan to go to the show in Hershey and spend some serious time looking around.

I'll definitely be doing the factory pick up option. It's one of the reasons, I don't mind bidding out to multiple dealers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Hershey show is second in size only to the Tampa Super Show in January.

I have never seen any bargains at the shows, but never talked turkey with any of the dealers. http://irv2.infopop.cc/groupee_commo...on_biggrin.gif

When I bought, I sent emails to about 7 dealers that I expected to be very competitive.

5 replied, one never did, and 1 was 2 weeks late in replying.

I bought mainly by price, as I'm a fulltimer, and I ordered my coach.

Tom N 08-17-2007 04:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Route 66:
The Hershey show is second in size only to the Tampa Super Show in January.
/QUOTE]

The Hershey show is the largest in the country and the 2008 models are introduced there.

There is so much foot traffic at a show that you'll often get a better deal in a dealers showroom.
http://www.prvca.org/Portals/0/show-info-copy.gif

-Tom