iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/)
-   -   HD dish satellite hook up/ solo node/ 3cable (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/hd-dish-satellite-hook-up-solo-node-3cable-170175.html)

pitchfrkpaul 07-26-2013 09:28 PM

HD dish satellite hook up/ solo node/ 3cable

I am hosting for a couple of months & have a used dish with 3 cables exiting the dish! It also has 3 of the sat receivers facing the dish! Dish said to use a 33 tailgater connector to connect to my Hopper! Can I use a Solo Node & reverse split 2 of the cables to make them one cable?
Thanks!

TechWriter 07-27-2013 09:32 AM

Take a look at this: Hopper Install Diagrams (PDF)

pitchfrkpaul 07-28-2013 09:24 AM

Thank you very much!
I have a solo node for my home dish but my other dish has 3 cables coming out of it! I am going to try a splitter on two of them & hook up to a solo node at my camper!
I should have asked more questions of my fellow dish campers when I was camping & hosting the last several weekends! I didn't have this dish then! Trying to avoid going up on my roof & taking apart my dish up there! lol Both dishes have 3 receptors & are set for high def reception! I wonder where the 3rd cable went on my home dish??!! :>)

TechWriter 07-28-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitchfrkpaul (Post 1661191)
Thank you very much!
I have a solo node for my home dish but my other dish has 3 cables coming out of it! I am going to try a splitter on two of them & hook up to a solo node at my camper!
I should have asked more questions of my fellow dish campers when I was camping & hosting the last several weekends! I didn't have this dish then! Trying to avoid going up on my roof & taking apart my dish up there! lol Both dishes have 3 receptors & are set for high def reception! I wonder where the 3rd cable went on my home dish??!! :>)

What receivers are you trying to hook up (Hopper? 211k?)?

What dish are you using (1000, 1000.2, 1000.4)? If you don't know which model, does the dish have 2 or 3 LNBs?

pitchfrkpaul 07-29-2013 09:08 AM

dish model

They both have 3 & are labeled High Def! I am a very new dish customer but am learning fast! lol
My home receiver has 2 together & 1 separate ( has the 2 cables); the other dish ( which I finally figured out how to attach it to the tripod) has 3 separate & has the 3 cables off of it!!
I was going to bring my home Hopper & the solo node with me along with 50' of cable, a cable attached meter, a pole level, a flat cable for entering the door, ( i think i have a built in outdoors on the 08 Puma 27RLS), & a few splitters just in case! will also bring a few extra shorter cables for short runs etc. Will hook Hopper to flat screen with HDMI cable!
I could order a Duo Node which tech at Dish did suggest!
What do you suggest I take with me!
Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate your patience & help!
Cheers,
Paul:)