iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   warranty/repair svc work questionable (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/warranty-repair-svc-work-questionable-17239.html)

ladyrvr66 03-12-2007 07:54 AM

Why is it so hard to get svc work done, including body repair work. I have taken my coach to dealer I purchased from as Monaco svc dealers closer to home had a problem doing work since coach not purchased at their dealership. I have been trying since Oct. 2006 to get camera, slide panel (which factory mailed to my home) installed & microwave replaced. I had compartment door which was on hydralics, which was bad about opening even if locked, and I tore door off & damaged entry door also. This is huge dealership in Texas (will not name) I had here for appointment finally (1/30/07,it took that long for new compartment door) & was advised they only had time to install door would have to return for painting & other work. (400 miles one way), was advised would take two weeks, three at most to repair, so I left coach stayed with daughter,I am full time. Many phone calls later & 6 weeks later, advised coach ready Feb 28. Got here, coach never touched, batteries dead, frig with spoiled food (big mess). This is Mar 12, have got compartment door on, not painted and nothing else done, and I'm not leaving coach this time. I'm not only one, I could write a book with info from others I've met here going thru same experience. Your wined and dined when buying, but your a lost ghost after that. I would love to find a good Monaco dealer in La., Ms., Ar., or Tx.,

ladyrvr66 03-12-2007 07:54 AM

Why is it so hard to get svc work done, including body repair work. I have taken my coach to dealer I purchased from as Monaco svc dealers closer to home had a problem doing work since coach not purchased at their dealership. I have been trying since Oct. 2006 to get camera, slide panel (which factory mailed to my home) installed & microwave replaced. I had compartment door which was on hydralics, which was bad about opening even if locked, and I tore door off & damaged entry door also. This is huge dealership in Texas (will not name) I had here for appointment finally (1/30/07,it took that long for new compartment door) & was advised they only had time to install door would have to return for painting & other work. (400 miles one way), was advised would take two weeks, three at most to repair, so I left coach stayed with daughter,I am full time. Many phone calls later & 6 weeks later, advised coach ready Feb 28. Got here, coach never touched, batteries dead, frig with spoiled food (big mess). This is Mar 12, have got compartment door on, not painted and nothing else done, and I'm not leaving coach this time. I'm not only one, I could write a book with info from others I've met here going thru same experience. Your wined and dined when buying, but your a lost ghost after that. I would love to find a good Monaco dealer in La., Ms., Ar., or Tx.,

crudeman 03-12-2007 08:55 AM

Ladyrv

Sorry to hear about your problems, we live fulltime in our rig near the Houston area. Bought ours from DeMartini and I just use a independent shop here when its not practical to be at the dealer tho they have been the best when I needed something in way of service or parts. Monaco has covered the work done from this shop and never once had a issue with this. This shop I think also does body repair and painting. They have always worked around me getting the rig back in time for the days end once I had a appt. if at all possible. Send me a pm if you need more information.

ladyrvr66 03-12-2007 09:33 AM

I was not aware I could take coach to independent shops, I was under impression it had to be a Monaco authorized dealer, or I could have taken to body shop close at home. I guess since work has started, I will have to finish here. It has taken 13 days to put door on, at this rate, they may finish by March 2008.I want to thank you for info tho, it will sure help me in future. http://irv2.infopop.cc/images/frustrated.gif

Gary Krieg 03-12-2007 07:17 PM

Please go to http://RVServiceReviews.com and record your service experience. This is the only place on the internet where RV owners can document their RV service experiences. There are over 1665 reviews nationwide and in Canada.

ronboc 03-12-2007 09:28 PM

ladyrv66 -

So sorry to hear of your problems. Even though it's not the norm, sometimes there's a bad-apple in the barrel.

Have you talked directly to Monaco about your issues? From my experience, and from what I've heard from others, they work very hard to make everything right. If you have problems finding a local Monaco dealer, they will work with you to find someone who can do your work.

I believe you are in Louisiana, would the Service Center in Wildwood Florida be a possibility? I realize it's quite a ways, but I'd travel any distance (and have) to let them do my work.

Sounds like crudeman might be able to offer assistance too.

Let us know how it goes,
Ron

ladyrvr66 03-13-2007 12:33 AM

I have heard very good things aboutthe Wildwood Service Center and wish I had taken coach there now. I just knew after having purchased two new coaches from this dealership, I would have had exceptional service work done. The people here are so nice, exceptional nice, but right hand doesn't seem to know what left hand is doing. When body work is completed, I will leave here & try to get other work done later. I feel like a fixture here in lobby. Again thanks for info, Wildwood may be my next destination. I love this forum.

ladyrvr
2005 Holiday Rambler Vacationer
Workhorse Chassis
2001 Dakota 4x4 - blue ox
Co-Pilot Bubbles (toy puddle)

crudeman 03-13-2007 01:02 AM

Just to clarify myself, Lady just be sure if you were to use a independent shop just ask if they do warranty work for Monaco etc. I have also used a mobile tech in my area that handles warranty work for them. I still have a generator issue that I will take to Monaco or Onan for this one. Hope you get your coach back soon.

Pusherpilot 03-13-2007 02:19 AM

One bad experience with independent shops. I called Monaco and got a recommendation for an independent shop. I then called the shop and got an appt. When I showed up I learned they no longer do Monaco warranty!!! I now get a name from Monaco and ask about warranty when calling for appt.

bsavage 03-13-2007 05:34 PM

So sorry to hear of your frustrating experience... we can relate. We're still waiting for our wine cabinet to be installed (part of our purchase negotiation)... since the end of December. Probably won't be done until close to the end of this month. On a positive note, I called Monaco parts (the wrong cabinet was sent initially...), and they seemed very helpful, were able to track the replacement cabinet, had a truckload of correspondence between them and the dealer... I am going to ask them to expedite shipping as we are going pn our first trip with it on the 26th and we've been waiting 3 months! I do recommend calling Monaco... it can't hurt!

Good Luck, and I hope you are happily traveling down the road soon (and us too!).

ladyrvr66 03-15-2007 08:52 AM

http://irv2.infopop.cc/images/frustrated.gif Body work is completed on coach. Asked svc man if microwave had come in yet and he said no, but would check in a.m.(3/15, he doesn't work today) Called Monaco this a.m., was advised there is no record for microwave, or any of the warranty work. Will take coach back to home base to do warranty work, and after having purchased two new coaches from Holiday World of Houston, I will never return here or recommend them. Coach been here since Jan. 30, 2006, this is Mar. 15, 2007, 43 days!!

Donna & Bubbles
2005 Holiday Rambler Vacationer
Workhorse chassis
Dodge Dakota 4x4 - blue ox

bsavage 03-15-2007 05:54 PM

Wow! I feel your pain! I will update you on our wine cabinet situation, I called Monaco directly again today to check on progress, it will be finished tomorrow and shipped either tomorrow or Monday. I asked if they could please overnight it as the problem with the wrong cabinet being sent wasn't our fault, and we had been waiting three months, and that we need the Coach back by the 26th. They said yes (quite quickly, I might add). In the future, I will not hesitate to call Monaco directly to check on the order and the dealership... if we hadn't been diligent, the replacement cabinet probably still wouldn't be ordered! Also, I am making sure that Monaco knows what their dealership is doing to their reputation... there are requirements to maintain (and own) a dealership.

Best of luck... keep us updated!