iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   What tire pressure you running in your Anthem? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/what-tire-pressure-you-running-in-your-anthem-173944.html)

Smitty3509 08-24-2013 07:05 PM

What tire pressure you running in your Anthem?

I weighed the coach today, but could not get individual weights for the rear tires. So I'm using axle weights as a rough figure for now. The front end is real heavy and lop sided, as already discussed in the forum, so I'm running 130. The drive and tag, according to the chart, should be at the lowest, 75. Steer=16520, drive=15680, tag=10280. What are you running?

Steve Ownby 08-24-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty3509 (Post 1699441)
I weighed the coach today, but could not get individual weights for the rear tires. So I'm using axle weights as a rough figure for now. The front end is real heavy and lop sided, as already discussed in the forum, so I'm running 130. The drive and tag, according to the chart, should be at the lowest, 75. Steer=16520, drive=15680, tag=10280. What are you running?

Have the chassis builder back off the pressure on the tag axle. That will shift weight off the steer and tag axles and onto the drive axle. You are probably at max inflation pressure for both your tires and wheels on your steer axle.

DSL417 08-24-2013 07:41 PM

Harold,

When at Spartan for the Owners Class, they suggested that even tho the charts say 75 for rear dual and tag, run them no lower than 85. Up front, unless something wierd is happening, it should be set up to be around 16200-300 (16500 is still OK) and running 118 - 120. 130 seems high. As far as lopsided, not sure what you mean, but the Spartan folks say corner weights less than 1000 lbs different are pretty good to go.

Recommend you call Spartan customer service and discuss what you see and get their advice 130 will likely give you a pretty rough ride. They may suggest balancing a little towards the rear, but they can't do a lot. IMHO

MRUSA14 08-24-2013 08:18 PM

I am running 125 front and 85 rear and tag, even though Michelin's charts call for 75. I just came from Spartan where I asked them to to adjust the tag to lighten the front axle. They said that their policy is not to do that, but did not explain why not. Instead they upgraded my front axle rating from 16,600 to 17,000 (a paperwork exercise). I may reduce the tag air pressure to 80 in the hope that this will move some weight rearward.

Marcosdad 08-25-2013 10:16 AM

Ride height adjustment can help the side to side imbalance. Talk to Scott Wixson at Spartan Customer Service. It worked for me.

jadatis 08-25-2013 11:11 AM

First for good understanding ( I live in Holland so am not familiar with all the terms) A tag axle is 3th axle with single load so 2 wheels on the axle .
2nd axle is 4 wheels on the axle so dual axle. Front axle so first axle is single load always ( 2 wheels on the axle), but correct me if I am wrong

In my motorhome tire pressure calculator only this kind of axle-configuration is not good handled. What works best is to treat it as a seperate back axle in a new spreadsheet. Or give at behind 2 axles and 6 tires on the road.
But because you have axle weights for all 3 axles I would treat it as the first option here.

What I miss is the tire-specifications like maximum load and pressure needed for that. If you read from sidewall something like this "maximum load xxxx lbs AT yyy PSI(cold)" then the xxxx is the maximum load and the yyy is the needed pressure for that up to maximum speed of tire, or if lower 99m/h, and is called the reference-pressure and is lower then the maximum pressure.

So if you can give me all this and the comfirmation about the configuration of your motorhome, I can fill it all in and give you pressures .

You can try it yourselfes by downloading spreadsheet from next map , by RIGHT-CLICKINGon it and then choose "download" ( other things go wrong). Then after virus-check ( you never know what those Dutchees put into it) open in EXCELL or Open Office CALC to use it.
Dark blue fields are optional and lightblue fields have to be filled in.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a526e...E092E6DC%21793