iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Toy Haulers Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f49/)
-   -   Cyclone 4000 Elite vs Voltage 3970 for fultiming? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f49/cyclone-4000-elite-vs-voltage-3970-for-fultiming-182671.html)

chiefneon 11-07-2013 11:07 AM

Cyclone 4000 Elite vs Voltage 3970 for fultiming?

Howdy!

We are fulltimers and are considering moving to a Toy Hauler. The two models that look good on the internet for us is the Cyclone 4000 Elite, and the Voltage 3970. Both have the same floor plan which we like. What I would like to know is informatio from folk that have these RV's, real world response from owner. I've looked at the forums for each brand and so I would like to here from others here.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Nomadload 11-11-2013 05:32 PM

Haven't lived in the 4000, but I full time in a Cyclone 300C. It is great to have the TH, but you do miss the extra room that the cargo box takes up unless you make it into an office. I use mine for my motorcycle and kayak. If you are traveling in the cold, the Cyclone's aren't the best insulated, but I use a portable heater that aids in keeping the temperature normal without running the furance. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck.

MarksFam 11-14-2013 03:37 PM

I just bought a 3970 and the wife and I love it! Message me whatever questions you have. We plan to start fulltiming in it around the January time frame.
Mike

chiefneon 11-16-2013 09:57 AM

Howdy!

We made our mind up yesterday. We got to look closely at several units both Cyclone and Voltage along with others. Without a dought the Cyclone won out. We could not find anything on the lot that met our wants and needs (full body paint, artic package, 7000 # axles, Goodyear G614 tires etc...) so we placed our build order for our new Cyclone 4000 Elite.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Nomadload 11-16-2013 11:29 AM

Congrats. You won't be disappointed. Post pics when it arrives

MarksFam 11-16-2013 04:29 PM

Best of luck. Enjoy your new rig.

timneill 11-19-2013 12:42 PM

We have a 2013 Voltage 3800 and love it. We have been full time now for 5 months. Only a couple of plumbing issues in the beginning. We have added slide out toppers, window awnings, a third AC in the garage and totally revamped the entertainment system in the garage...for us when our HD Triglide is not in the garage we convert to a nice den. As we ordered from the factory we did not have the Happy Jack system installed...leaves more of an open feel in the garage/den. Have not seen many I like better, except perhaps for a custom made New Horizons...but major dollars...and probably worth it...Make sure you have enough truck to stop it...I weigh out fully loaded at just over 19,000.

chiefneon 11-19-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timneill (Post 1812919)
We have a 2013 Voltage 3800 and love it. We have been full time now for 5 months. Only a couple of plumbing issues in the beginning. We have added slide out toppers, window awnings, a third AC in the garage and totally revamped the entertainment system in the garage...for us when our HD Triglide is not in the garage we convert to a nice den. As we ordered from the factory we did not have the Happy Jack system installed...leaves more of an open feel in the garage/den. Have not seen many I like better, except perhaps for a custom made New Horizons...but major dollars...and probably worth it...Make sure you have enough truck to stop it...I weigh out fully loaded at just over 19,000.

Howdy!

Enough truck is not a problem. We're towing about 20,000 plus lbs now with our curent 5er and Idaho Tote. So our 4400 International 2L custom hauler will not have a problem.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon