iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   Age 55 + Parks ? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/age-55-parks-186551.html)

Kro1957 12-15-2013 07:11 PM

Age 55 + Parks ?

We are curious as to the real reason behind 55 + age requirement at a Resort or RV Park.

Do they think older citizens are less active or less noisy?

Less apt to have children?

Just really not sure.....

We do and act pretty much the same way we did when we were in our 30's and 40's. Except for Roller Skating. :laugh:

We certainly enjoy RV's who are of all age groups but at least it's good to know we qualify for the exclusive group.

So what is the real reason or theory behind that?? :anyone:

laj 12-15-2013 07:17 PM

same as the 55+ gated s&b communities.

Mario-John 12-15-2013 07:22 PM

I dont know why they exist. I was turned away from a park for an overnight because Im 42. I asked why, they said they didn't want children and family's because they were noisy. Driving out of the park I cant tell you how many times I had to stop for the children playing and screaming in the streets.

No kids here, and a cat that never goes outside is far more noisey than visiting grandparents with 20 grand kids vising I guess.

jrgreenacres 12-15-2013 07:48 PM

Can't say. profiling maybe? I'm 57 and I party all night long. Guess they'd kick me out too.lol

CampDaven 12-15-2013 08:06 PM

Some folks like such places. So, they are catered to. Commerce. Simple.

So, it is because they can!

Walter5555 12-15-2013 09:33 PM

:wavey: I would guess that because the older generation is a little quiter then the younger generation.:facepalm:
Just a thought.:bow:

halfwright 12-15-2013 09:47 PM

I don't know why there are age specific RV parks.
But, I do know why seniors get a movie discount. They can't see it as well and they forget it sooner.

palehorse89 12-15-2013 09:53 PM

Stop and think about it.......

Other than the sake of conversation here........I would think the 55+ park rule is a very simple thing to figure out ......without straining one's "command and control center" to bad :nonono:

hogdriver 12-15-2013 10:25 PM

A weird side effect of aging. I was shocked a friend of mine who was 55+ confessed he lived in the "Villages"of central Florida. As a 55+ bachelor he had all the "dating" he could handle. He said they recently had the State of Florida Health Commission come in and lecture on sexually transmitted deseases because those 50+ figured they could romp around without regard to protection because pregnancy was not a factor and many kinds of sexually transmitted diseases were on the rise in 55+ comunities.

sadrand 12-16-2013 07:57 AM

No children is probably one of the main reasons.

Tom3205 12-16-2013 09:51 AM

"Supposedly" older adults are more mature, and less apt to get into "Mischief". BUT senior citizens have been know to take the toilet paper[home] from the bath-house... !!! But they don't use it to plug the toilet, like some kids would do... Maybe the age restriction has a lot to do with cost of maintaining those bathhouses. Plumbers are expensive.

bsirby 12-16-2013 10:23 AM

Personally, I like the 55+ parks. I like that we can relax and enjoy peace and quiet, associate with folks our own age and not be run over with screaming children. We raised our kids, and quite frankly parents today let their kids run all over the place with no respect for other campers. Family parks are great if we are taking the grandkids, but when it's just us, I want to be around adults of similar age and interest. I would assume that is why these parks were started, because others feel the same way we do.

GaryKD 12-16-2013 02:12 PM

I like the 55+ age restriction properties and frequent them whenever they are available. I've spent a considerable amount of time in both open age and 55+ communities. I'll take the 55+ anytime. The 55+ community always seems to be:
1. quiet
2. well kept
3. amenities are available and patronized by those of like age and similar courtesy/manners capability
4. a no stress environment

Open age properties seem to be:
1. noise is the rule of the day and night
2. litter and trash from inconsiderate adolescents and their parents
3. amenities are over crowded and run amuck with rude children of all ages
4. bike riding, golf cart driving and skate boarding by kids who are on vacation is, for the most part, kids gone wild
5. get these same kids in a group and they turn into animals gone wild
6. parents who are as bad as their kids and believe rules are for someone else
7. resort management who is not capable of enforcing the rules
8. parents who can't believe their little Johnny or Jane would do anything except be perfect little angels

Been there and done that with kids and parents. It is a time of life when I see stress, I am able to turn and walk away. For me, let them have their places and I'll have mine, away from them.

djbmsu 12-16-2013 07:43 PM

Like many have responded that these 55+ parks are "children free" Most are owned by the lot owners and because they can apply restrictions, they do and it's their right to do so. Plenty of non 55+ parks around.