iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Winnebago 2006 Sightseer 27' -- Problem with electric door steps -- Need Your Help (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/winnebago-2006-sightseer-27-problem-with-electric-door-steps-need-your-help-190099.html)

ricklillie 01-18-2014 10:57 PM

Winnebago 2006 Sightseer 27' -- Problem with electric door steps -- Need Your Help

We have a 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 27' Class A motor home. Overall, it runs great, with normal maintenance, which we do.

We have a repeating problem that we have not been able to solve. It deals with the electric double entry steps to the main entry door of the RV. One time the steps come out and retract as they should. The next, they do not!

We have a great maintenance person who performs maintenance for us. However, he has not been able to solve the problem with the Kwikee electric door steps. He has replaced the black control box. He showed us how to "reboot" the system by pulling the connector plug and then replugging the system to "reboot" the system.

Earlier this week, we left on a short few day trip. While at home during loading the RV, the stairs went in/out without a problem. We drove off on the short trip. A couple of hours later, we stopped for lunch. The damned stairs would not go out. We arrived at the RV park. Again, the stairs would not go in/out. We pulled the plugs to reboot the system. Nothing!

I'm so frustrated with anything with the Kwikee brand name I could scream! In my opinion, it's pure crap.........

We would appreciate any help regarding the operation of the entry stairs. If you've had this problem, how did you resolve it? If you replaced the stairs, what did you purchase? Any subsequent problems?

Related Issue: While we love our 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 27' coach, we would really like to upgrade to a Georgetown with the "337 Vista Lounge Option."

Does anyone now of one of these that is available? I've now retired and we're looking to travel more with more space than our current coach.

We hope to hear from you soon. Please email me at ricklillie@gmail.com.

Best wishes,

Rick Lillie

RV Wizard 01-19-2014 04:16 AM

Be sure to check the ground. remove clean area on frame and re-attach with star washer to insure good bond to frame. Then, insure all other connections are clean and tight. There are three fuses on the system and a troubleshooting manual can be downloaded here iRV2 Forums - Files - Kwikee Step Troubleshooting
Good luck and keep us posted.

dvmweb 01-19-2014 12:34 PM

Our mh steps have a switch that is controlled by a magnet. That was not placed correctly and made our steps act up. I fixed it by adding a spacer. Our previous mh had a mechanical switch that would stick and they would not open sometimes. A little bit of silicone lube helped that.