iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   What do all the model names and letters stand for? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/what-do-all-the-model-names-and-letters-stand-for-191006.html)

tmw188 01-26-2014 03:53 PM

What do all the model names and letters stand for?

Allegro, Allegro Bay, and Allegro DB, and so on?

rjf7g 01-26-2014 07:48 PM

Sometimes the letters mean something and sometimes they don't. The model names are just that - model names. Many people assume the numbers are the length of the unit, but this is not always the case, either! I have a 27FQ that is a front queen (FQ) that is 29' long. Go figure!

tmw188 01-26-2014 08:00 PM

there is a DA, WA, TSA I think a DB they must stand for something related to floor plans?

Budski 01-26-2014 08:46 PM

They are all related to the basic floor plans I.e bunk beds or bath and a half etc. check out tiffin s web site and it will all be clear.

Dave

luvlabs 01-27-2014 11:16 AM

Allegro was the name that Mrs. Tiffin suggested for their first line of motorhomes. Allegro Bay was an upscale gas or FRED version of the Allegro and is no longer in production. The 2 or 3 letter designations after the names are specific floor plans. For the most part, the letter designations don't really respond to anything meaningful.

tmw188 01-27-2014 03:52 PM

Well there are sometime noticeable differences in some floor plans and that's what I was trying to figure out w/o looking thru the pictures. Maybe I will have to go to the website and look. Thanks

gemini5362 01-30-2014 12:33 PM

I believe the first letter refers to the number of slides. DP is two slides QXP 4 slides. I then believe the remaining letters refer to the floor plan.

luvlabs 01-31-2014 07:42 AM

Tiffin is very inconsistent in the letter usage for floorplans. All of the coaches of the last two years use a 2 letter designation after the length. AA, CA, AP, GH, LP, etc. Others use a three letter. Qxx, TGA, etc.

The model names are consistent, however. From lower price to high, they are:

Allegro Open Road, Allegro RED, Phaeton, Allegro Bus, Zephyr

bbott 02-01-2014 10:54 AM

Mrs. Tiffin was a music teacher and she came up with the Allegro name which is a musical term. The rest I'm not sure of. We're currently building an Allegro Bus 45LP. It hit station 1 yesterday and we plan on being here for the entire build process. If you haven't been here yet, make a note to stop by. They give tours daily and it's an amazing process. But actually watching your home be built is a truly unique and awesome experience. We're documenting it all on our blog. Here's is the beginning of our blog entries on the build process. Day three is yesterday when it hit station 1 in the main plant.

And So It Begins The Building Of Our Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP | Outside Our Bubble