iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   Protection on the Road (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/protection-on-the-road-194647.html)

spritz 02-28-2014 09:15 AM

Protection on the Road

Planning on going Full time End of this summer (if it ever gets here, High -1 yesterday) enough on that.
What kind of protection do you have out on the road:confused:.
I have a bat but that's about it. All our girls will be able do is bite there ankles:rofl: I have found a few good hiding places for the cash and important papers.
I pray I would never need something. BUT
tb

2LT 02-28-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spritz (Post 1947417)
Planning on going Full time End of this summer (if it ever gets here, High -1 yesterday) enough on that.
What kind of protection do you have out on the road:confused:.
I have a bat but that's about it. All our girls will be able do is bite there ankles:rofl: I have found a few good hiding places for the cash and important papers.
I pray I would never need something. BUT
tb

There have been threads discussing this ---

Wasp Spray is one deterrent. The spray shoots about 10 feet or more - aim for the face. :rolleyes:

Hooligan 02-28-2014 01:16 PM

Some information is provided here.. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/firea...on-146735.html

Expanding that discussion usually violates forum rules.

Dmorgan6375 02-28-2014 05:43 PM

Well depending on where you plan to travel, I'm not sure if you would need much more than a can of bee spray. The kind that shots 10 to 15 feet and maybe two cans as well. But, if you stay away from the rough areas, you shouldn't have any trouble.

Afubar 02-28-2014 05:50 PM

I'm a female that is traveling by herself, for some strange reason, I've had no problems what so ever. Can't imagine why.

http://media11.dropshots.com/photos/...107/152510.jpg

nforus 02-28-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afubar (Post 1948099)
I'm a female that is traveling by herself, for some strange reason, I've had no problems what so ever. Can't imagine why.

http://media11.dropshots.com/photos/...107/152510.jpg

LOL, When we're checking in to a campground, the clerk will ask if we're traveling with any children or pets, sometimes I'll reply, " no kids, it's just us and the two pit bulls" only about half of the folks checking us in even get it!!

scenic route 03-01-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nforus (Post 1948120)
LOL, When we're checking in to a campground, the clerk will ask if we're traveling with any children or pets, sometimes I'll reply, " no kids, it's just us and the two pit bulls" only about half of the folks checking us in even get it!!

I guess I don't get it either... Do you travel with two pit bulls or are you just pulling their legs? If you do, have you gotten any stay refusals?

I've noticed that more and more CGs are publishing banded breeds on their info and rules sheets...probably just to cover financial backsides.:confused:

We carry no four legged protection, BTW. Do have a big can of bear spray that is an Alaska trip carry over. :rolleyes:

spritz 03-01-2014 09:53 AM

I have used Bee spray around the S&B never though of using it that way thanks.
I know we are not suppose to talk about weapons but didn't know how too word it. Thanks I will check them out.
Afubar, How do you like your soda machine. Our neighbor gave us his because he didn't like but we love it. we have 20 different mixes to use. A real good one is cranberry/grape. yum
We don't plan on going into rough neighborhoods, but you never know until you find yourself in there.
Thanks, hoping never to need anything.
tb

nforus 03-01-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scenic route (Post 1948838)
I guess I don't get it either... Do you travel with two pit bulls or are you just pulling their legs? If you do, have you gotten any stay refusals?

I've noticed that more and more CGs are publishing banded breeds on their info and rules sheets...probably just to cover financial backsides.:confused:

We carry no four legged protection, BTW. Do have a big can of bear spray that is an Alaska trip carry over. :rolleyes:

Don't travel with pit bulls, just pulling their leg ,but it's surprising how many don't give it a second thought. We've only seen a few breed restriction signs. Other than an occasional "poop" surprise in our campsite, we've never had any problems with other campers pets.

Afubar 03-01-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spritz (Post 1948847)
Afubar, How do you like your soda machine. Our neighbor gave us his because he didn't like but we love it. we have 20 different mixes to use. A real good one is cranberry/grape. yum
tb

I love my soda machine, I use it mostly for carbonated water, found out the artificial sweetener found in most diet sodas was causing a lot of muscle spasms. Have been using the soda machine for about 3 years.

I've run into several campgrounds with breed restrictions, thankfully, boxers have not been one of them.

wa8yxm 03-01-2014 12:38 PM

What kind of protection.. Mostly my whits, but at over six foot and 300 pounds.. Most of the folks willing to mess with me are intoxicated and Since I am a coffeeholic... I tend not to be in places they congreate (Bars).

sirpurrcival 03-01-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wa8yxm (Post 1949029)
What kind of protection.. Mostly my whits, but at over six foot and 300 pounds.. Most of the folks willing to mess with me are intoxicated and Since I am a coffeeholic... I tend not to be in places they congreate (Bars).

Ditto on the 6 foot plus poundage. I don't tend to be around drinkers either which is often where many of the problems really start.

DGShaffer 03-01-2014 01:33 PM

Bear spray. It doubles as Bear spray when we're hiking

spritz 03-01-2014 03:10 PM

Great doggie, we had one when I was a child his name was Jack. I hope we are okay will the soda I only have maybe 1-1&1/2 a day and we don't do the Diet stuff.:thumb: We drink more coffee:D
I'm close 6'1 @ 240 and we don't go to bars either.
I probable won't have to worry to much driving a 32 year old MH they figure no money there:rofl::rofl: (which is true)
Happy Travels,
tb