iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Tires service from Speedco (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/tires-service-from-speedco-212133.html)

adonh 07-18-2014 01:10 PM

Tires service from Speedco

I have seen a number of threads on the oil and lube service from Speedco but found out that they also provide tire service as well. There is a Speedco in my a Speedco fairly close to where I am and would like to get comments from those that have used Speedco when replacing the tires on your coach. Thanks

Speedco - Tire Services

Rusty years 07-18-2014 02:28 PM

Their oil & lube service is so great I wouldn't hesitate to have them service tires even tho I don't know what "service tires" means. For new tires I went thru FMCA for Michelins for the best price. While I'm sure some people have had bad experiences with tire installation it must be rare.

adonh 07-18-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty years (Post 2143548)
Their oil & lube service is so great I wouldn't hesitate to have them service tires even tho I don't know what "service tires" means. For new tires I went thru FMCA for Michelins for the best price. While I'm sure some people have had bad experiences with tire installation it must be rare.

They sell and install tires on Motor Homes and trucks.

CountryFit 07-18-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adonh (Post 2143581)
They sell and install tires on Motor Homes and trucks.

what brands are they selling and how are their prices? eventually that matter the most.

lllkrob 07-18-2014 03:10 PM

One thing to be aware of is they only carry Bridgestone, Firestone, and Yokohama brand tires, since Speedco is owned by Firestone/Bridgestone.

adonh 07-18-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllkrob (Post 2143597)
One thing to be aware of is they only carry Bridgestone, Firestone, and Yokohama brand tires, since Speedco is owned by Firestone/Bridgestone.

I was looking at Hankook tires and they are listed as an authorized sales and installation shop on the Hankook web site. I would need to check on that.

Cbones 07-18-2014 04:34 PM

My experience with Speedco tire service was top notch. When I had Goodyears on my coach, I had the dreaded rivering issue. So I stopped in to Speedco in Brunswick, GA. They took me right in, and the tire mechanic recommended rotating the steer tires to the rears. They dismounted, remounted, high speed balanced all the tires, and replaced all the valve stems, as well as very accurately re inflating the tires. They used the proper weights (adhesive on mags, and clamp on on steel inner rear) They couldn't have been more professional. The best part was the fee, $110. Additionally, he phoned up to Kenly, NC since I was traveling that way, and told them I would be stopping in for a re-torque of my wheels. I really don't think the service could have been any better.

adonh 07-18-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbones (Post 2143702)
My experience with Speedco tire service was top notch. When I had Goodyears on my coach, I had the dreaded rivering issue. So I stopped in to Speedco in Brunswick, GA. They took me right in, and the tire mechanic recommended rotating the steer tires to the rears. They dismounted, remounted, high speed balanced all the tires, and replaced all the valve stems, as well as very accurately re inflating the tires. They used the proper weights (adhesive on mags, and clamp on on steel inner rear) They couldn't have been more professional. The best part was the fee, $110. Additionally, he phoned up to Kenly, NC since I was traveling that way, and told them I would be stopping in for a re-torque of my wheels. I really don't think the service could have been any better.

Thanks for the information. I have checked with a few local tire shops that service and install tires on trucks and MH's and I was not impressed with their facilities or people doing the work. I am going to make a trip over to the Speedco shop in my area and take a look. Thanks again.

Dr4Film 07-18-2014 05:10 PM

I have Bridgestone tires on my coach and would not hesitate purchasing them once again.

One word of caution is that they most likely will not carry the popular sizes for coaches since they cater to the trucking industry the most.

However, they should be able to order the correct size for your coach if you are willing to wait. Always specify a specific DOT code range and don't accept any DOT code older than 3 months.

Whatever you do, do NOT get talked into installing a smaller tire than what your coach is supposed to have. You can go larger if you have the proper clearance when turning plus the proper clearance for the duals so they don't rub against each other.

Dr4Film ----- Richard