iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Fleetwood Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Bed room slide problem (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/bed-room-slide-problem-212914.html)

jmcgarity 07-24-2014 08:27 PM

Bed room slide problem

Today I was loading my '07 Fleetwood Discovery. The full wall slide opened as usual. The bedroom slide did not respond. Does anyone have a quick checklist I can follow to trouble shoot it.
The slide will go all the way out and fully back in if I manually push it from inside and out.

RV Wizard 07-25-2014 05:30 AM

The slideout moves when activated by switch and manual assistance or moves with manual assistance only? The first scenario could be low voltage at the motor. The second would be a broken mechanism.

mchero 07-25-2014 06:02 AM

I think Mr Wizard is on the right track. Sounds vike a voltage issue to me as well. Keep us posted.

Tha_Rooster 07-25-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcgarity (Post 2152825)
Today I was loading my '07 Fleetwood Discovery. The full wall slide opened as usual. The bedroom slide did not respond. Does anyone have a quick checklist I can follow to trouble shoot it.

The slide will go all the way out and fully back in if I manually push it from inside and out.

I assume you disengage the motor to manually push. First thing I would do is check the switch.

jmcgarity 07-25-2014 06:36 AM

Fleetwood Slide Problem

When I first pushed the switch the slide moved out @ 4 inches then stopped. It would not retract or go further. I went outside and pushed it and it slid back in. Then I went inside, tried the switch and when that failed to start, I pushed it all the way out. I tried the switch again to retract it - nothing. Then I went outside and pushed it back in.
There are no "rails" or cogs on the outside underneath it, like the full wall slide. I cannot determine where the mechanism is. Could it be under the bed?
Thanks,
Jim

JRPA 07-25-2014 07:33 AM

Jim
When it first stopped, could you hear the motor stop? Does it make any noise at all when you push the button, if not might it simply be a circuit breaker? I understand you thinking maybe a shear pin since you can push it but just a thought.

bob

CLIFFTALL 07-25-2014 07:46 AM

Here is a link to your manual.
http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0010-01.pdf
There is a brake on the slide motor which may not be engaged.

jdoc 07-25-2014 07:49 AM

Jim, look under the bed. Raise the mattress all the way up and it should lock in place. There may be some thin boards there. Take those off and you will see the slide mechanism. First thing I would do though is check to see if a fuse has blown. On my 2005 Bounder it is located in the electrical bin. There are 3 fuses located on the back of that bin. They are usually in a row. I say 3 on mine because that's how many slides I have. On your Discovery they may be in a different location.

Jerry

CLIFFTALL 07-25-2014 07:49 AM

Here's a link to the proper engagement if the brake.
http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0506.pdf

Tha_Rooster 07-25-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcgarity (Post 2153099)
When I first pushed the switch the slide moved out @ 4 inches then stopped. It would not retract or go further. I went outside and pushed it and it slid back in. Then I went inside, tried the switch and when that failed to start, I pushed it all the way out. I tried the switch again to retract it - nothing. Then I went outside and pushed it back in.

There are no "rails" or cogs on the outside underneath it, like the full wall slide. I cannot determine where the mechanism is. Could it be under the bed?

Thanks,

Jim

You should not be able to push the slide unless you unlock the motor, check the motor for some strange reason it became unlocked or came loose

jmcgarity 07-26-2014 07:45 AM

Bed room slide problem

"Walla!"
[1] Not the switch
[2] Not the fuses
[3] Motor failure! Specifically it worked it's way off the mount, disintegrating the threads cast therein, and fell to the floor of the bed unit. Will send in to see if repairable, it appears all significant damage was to cover plate which looks replaceable at factory. Not sure if any debris fell into mechanism, but a tech should examine it.
Thanks to all for your support.
"Hooah!"
Jim McGarity

CLIFFTALL 07-26-2014 07:47 AM

Haven't seen that one before. Thanks for the update and I hope its repairable.

mchero 07-26-2014 08:45 AM

Nice to see that you founft the issue, congrats. Now just keeps us posted.

jmcgarity 07-28-2014 04:20 PM

Bed room slide problem

Power Gear does not want to have anything to do with the individual product consumer. They will not sell parts or provide service to an individual owner, and had no comment as to the photos I provided, or as to possible causation. All Power Gear would do is refer me to a repair facility such as a Fleetwood RV dealer or someone like Camping World to effect the repair.
Very disappointing that in America today, a factory/manufacutrer does not have the fibre to stand behind their product.
So, I will now look for a reputable repair facility in South Florida.
To all who participated in my thread, thank you very much.
- Jim McGarity