iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Toads and Motorhome Related Towing (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/)
-   -   tow bar class a (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f85/tow-bar-class-a-218270.html)

EdRu 09-03-2014 09:55 AM

tow bar class a

will be towing honda 2011 crv which tow bar is reccomended and which brake for the crv tks

Clifftall 09-03-2014 09:58 AM

Welcome to irv2. I've moved your post to the toads and MH related towing section to get a broader view for your question.
Cliff

dm.akafun 09-03-2014 10:30 AM

Welcome EdRu
See my signature for how/what I tow. There are many really good products on the market for towing. I like simple. My toad brake is operated with the surge system. Easy to put together and take apart.
Do a search for tow bars, toad brakes, etc. You will find some really good info.

GaryKD 09-03-2014 03:07 PM

Hi EdRu,
I use a Blue Ox tow bar and a USGear breaking system. Go to these sites to check out the offerings.
USGEAR = Unified Tow Brake
Blue OX = Blue Ox - Towbars

For simplicity, I'm with you. Once installed there is nothing for the owner to do with the USGEAR system. Just connect the electrical umbilical cord from the coach to the toad and your ready to go.

I would purchase both of these products again.

wa8yxm 09-03-2014 04:09 PM

What car you tow has very little to do with it.. However when I towed a Lumina APV.. Same set up GaryKD used

I really liked it and the US gear system gives you a lot of control over the towed brakes, way more than any other system

However there are many tow bars,, I have looked at perhaps half a dozen and really can not recommend any of them over the others.. That said I know both Blue Ox and Roadmaster have good customer relaitions and service,, Blue Ox treated me more than right.. They really went a bit overboard.

I like the blue ox system.

I'm told, by others, roadmaster is as good however.

Brakes.. I will not recommend a specific system other than the comments above but I will recommend against.

There are some systems that set a box in the drivers seat that pushes the pedal when it senses you are slowing down. They may claim "NO Installation Required".. Meaning there is nothing bolted to the vehicle, it all comes out when you drive.

Fact is YOU have to install the unit EVERY TIME YOU TOW. and this means there is far too much chance of a mistake, (OF course with one time install the dealer screwed up my US-Gear, I fixed later) or you can simply say "Forget it" for a short tow... and wish you had not.

With an installed system (US-Gear, M*G, invisible Brake, Stay * Play, Ready Brake (only if you tow often) Auto-Stop (Blue ox also if you tow often) and many others...... Less chance of that since hooking up the brakes takes about 2 seconds.

mmartin 09-03-2014 04:16 PM

Ed, i sent you a private message

mavric65 09-03-2014 04:21 PM

Road master falcon 2 tow bar and smi stay n play duo on my 2011 crv love it easy to hook up and go

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Easyrider 09-03-2014 06:52 PM

ReadyBrute Elite for me.