iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   Key Position (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f24/key-position-22104.html)

Ed S 06-26-2007 01:02 PM

Having a Holiday Rambler Endeavor (2006) wondering from other owners what position their key is in for the jacks to work. Seems to me the book says either one click to the right or one to the left. Mine only works to the right and the bells and dongs drive me nuts when leveling. My book is in the rv at the dealer for repair as result of golf ball size hail. As long as the dealer has it I thought maybe this can be fixed too if I am right about the two key positions.
Thank you very much

Ed S 06-26-2007 01:02 PM

Having a Holiday Rambler Endeavor (2006) wondering from other owners what position their key is in for the jacks to work. Seems to me the book says either one click to the right or one to the left. Mine only works to the right and the bells and dongs drive me nuts when leveling. My book is in the rv at the dealer for repair as result of golf ball size hail. As long as the dealer has it I thought maybe this can be fixed too if I am right about the two key positions.
Thank you very much

loranimal 06-26-2007 06:28 PM

When I had my 05 Diplomat, the jacks would only work with the key turned to the right. Yeah, the bells and whistles are a pain when trying to level.

Carl

nutensteve 06-28-2007 08:38 AM

My 06 Diplomat is the same. Key to the right to operate the jacks.

WayneLee 06-28-2007 03:50 PM

Make it 3 out of 3 (or is it 4 out of 4) - my 07 Endeavor only works to the right.

Ed S 07-02-2007 01:43 PM

Thanks for your response...just find it crazy they make us have to put up with all the noise when leveling.
Maybe I wont tell the dealer and let them try to get the leveling to work with the key to the left. They will have it long enough fixing my hail damage anyways.

Thanks again

ronboc 07-03-2007 12:32 PM

My 06 Endeavor 'used' to be the same... key to the right for jacks. But a simple wiring change for the jack-power eliminated that irritation and they now work in the ACCESSORY position.

I bet you're wondering WHAT wire-change. Good question, so do I now (it's an age-thing I think). As one of the first things I did to personalize the new coach (I hate background noises like that), I dug around in the big wiring box at the front-left side storage compartment, found the wire powering the jacks, and moved it to the ACC side of things.

I'm sorry that i don't remember which specific wire it was, but I bet you or a competent facility could make the change in short-order.

Ed S 07-03-2007 02:20 PM

Good one Ron,
Will have to look around for the right wire and the acc. So you call that back ground noise??? I call it something else but not proper to say here.

Thank you for your response