iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   New Member Check-In (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   From the East Coast to the West Coast in our new to us RV!! (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f61/from-the-east-coast-to-the-west-coast-in-our-new-to-us-rv-223042.html)

jcs2373 10-12-2014 09:03 PM

From the East Coast to the West Coast in our new to us RV!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hello fellow rvers! We just purchased an 1984 fleetwood pace arrow with a 454 gas engine and 50000 miles on it. My mechanics are currently going over it, while we anxiously await to depart for our trip out west! Emily, our two dogs, Portia and Sailor are headed out west to see the national parks, catchs some fish, see some wildlife, enjoy Oregon, Colorado, California and yes even a few days in Las Vegas!! We are from Richmond va and plan to leave the 18th! Any and all advice would be appreciated, we would like to stay in rv campgrounds with great views. And posiblly boondocking it In the national parks too. Thanks y'all!:dance::dance:
Attachment 76420

TomandGloria 10-12-2014 09:11 PM

Hi neighbor! Lots of great info on this forum. First thing is please make sure tour mechanics check the date code on your tires. If they are more than seven years old, you will want go put new tires before you head out.

I use RV Park Reviews for help in campground selection. They are comments and ratings by our fellow travelers who rate campgrounds and provide comments. Very helpful.

Make sure you stay abreast of weather. These things are not real fun in bad weather. Hope you enjoy your trip and travel safe. We are leaving for Natchez Trace on 15th.

Tom

DieselTech39 10-12-2014 09:30 PM

:welcome:

Glad you're aboard. Congrats on the new to you rig. Looks great. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.

Fred1609 10-13-2014 12:30 AM

Welcome and good luck with your adventure.....Check out the search window at the top of the page which might help with any queries regarding full timing or your rig...

Safe and Happy Travels.

Arch Hoagland 10-13-2014 01:00 AM

Buy a couple new fire extinguishers to take along. I carry five. I'm sure yours is aged out. What route are you taking?

Scarab0088 10-13-2014 01:09 AM

Safe travels

jcs2373 10-13-2014 01:28 AM

We are heading west on 64 for a little bit, through west va, Kentucky, etc to Colorado then up to Yellowstone, west Oregon cali than vegas than prob back to Colorado for awhile. Really want to see the most wildlife and best scenery! The guy put brand new ones all the way around 3 years ago. It's in great shape aside of water damage in master. Should be too bad to fix though.

jcs2373 10-13-2014 01:38 AM

Natchez

Tom,
Looks like you have the right idea, fall folliage is going to be primetime. We don't have a definite route set, just going to plan the trip by ear kinda.

JohnRR 10-13-2014 02:00 AM

Good looking unit, I hope all goes well for you with it.

MSHappyCampers 10-13-2014 06:45 AM

Hi folks! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the bunch here! :dance:

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

Chiefbvfd 10-13-2014 07:30 AM

Welcome and have a great trip...:)

Oregon Duck 10-13-2014 07:39 AM

I would suggest a route across the southern states. Most national parks in the west close campgrounds this time of year. What are you towing and how. Is this your first R V.

Ramets 10-13-2014 07:47 AM

You say you're hitting the road Oct. 18th. Be sure to keep a close watch on the weather since you say you'll be hitting Colorado & Yellowstone. By the time you arrive in those areas the weather is starting to get iffy, and a lot of places will be closing for the winter, especially in the higher elevations. As was mentioned use www.campgroundreviews.com to check on the status of campgrounds. We've been to Yellowstone in the winter and it is spectacular, but you better be prepared for it. Same for the Rockies. We're from just north of you in Waldorf, MD., but we're headed south for the winter...no more cold for me.

Medico 10-13-2014 11:06 AM

http://www.irv2.com/attachments/phot...298df81aed.gif Welcome and glad to meet you!