iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Extended Motorhome Warranties (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/extended-motorhome-warranties-227171.html)

shefro 11-20-2014 09:47 AM

Extended Motorhome Warranties

We are shopping for an extended warranty for our 2015 Allegro Open Road. I am looking at Pro Trek and XtraRide. Can you all please give me some feedback?

S-n-L 11-20-2014 10:08 AM

Purchased an ExtraRide policy August of 2013 when I bought the coach in my signature. I would highly recommend this company. I have used the policy 3 times at the tune of $8,000 in service. They were very easy to deal with. So glad I have an extended service plan.

Clayobx 11-20-2014 06:35 PM

I don't have Extra Ride but have researched them and the reviews are good. Ours is pretty good but very difficult to deal with but they just agreed to pay out around three thousand today for multiple issues. To date were practically even with the initial investment and still two years to go on our policy of five years. We too are relieved that the EW was purchased.

kalynzoo 11-20-2014 06:41 PM

I had XtraRide 10 years ago when the previous rig was new. Had no problem with the company and they paid all appropriate claims. YOU MUST GET PRIOR APPROVAL before any work is started. True if most if not all companies. You can call WholesaleWarranties.com for a comparison price. I had my last two warranties through WW since Xtraride did/does not renew. Be advised, the extended warranty is a BIG money maker for the dealer. There is a lot of room for negotiation at time of purchase. My current warranty, purchased this month on my new Allegro Red is through ExtraRide from the dealer. He came down a bunch.

S-n-L 11-21-2014 12:13 AM

I did a lot of price comparisons before purchasing the Extra Ride policy. I got the best price from Lerch RV in PA. Did everything over the phone and mail. I got prices for double what I paid at other dealers.

shefro 11-21-2014 07:07 AM

XtraRide Ext Warranty

Thanks so much for the feed back. I will check out pricing for XtraRide for sure. No one has Pro Trek?

D Lindy 11-21-2014 09:36 AM

We have Wholesale Warranties' and are very satisfied with not only their costs but with their service also.

cfyanes 11-21-2014 05:46 PM

Have Xtraride and love it, getting ready to add another 3 years

eggman1950 11-30-2014 02:14 PM

OK, everyone has peaked my interest... what say you about experience with the Good Sam EW?????

Ramets 12-01-2014 04:54 AM

I'll just say I cancelled my GS policy because of the run around on two claims, & went with XtraRide from www.wholesalewarranties.com Have had no problem's whatsoever with them.

JMonroe 12-01-2014 07:08 AM

I don't know your financial circumstances, by why do you feel you need an extended warranty? For the VAST majority of us, you'll be far ahead putting the thousands of dollars they charge for these insurance policies aside in a contingency fund, to be available should you need it. Yes, we have members that have come out ahead with one of these service agreements, but they represent a fractional percentage of those that have purchased a policy. For others the peace of mind is worth more than the cost of the policy.

Don't get me wrong, the insurance companies have identified a market and they are entitled to a profit, plus they must make back their service expenses. These calculations are added on top of what they guestimate actual claims will cost them.

Cat320 12-01-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMonroe (Post 2330345)
I don't know your financial circumstances, by why do you feel you need an extended warranty? For the VAST majority of us, you'll be far ahead putting the thousands of dollars they charge for these insurance policies aside in a contingency fund, to be available should you need it. Yes, we have members that have come out ahead with one of these service agreements, but they represent a fractional percentage of those that have purchased a policy. For others the peace of mind is worth more than the cost of the policy.

Don't get me wrong, the insurance companies have identified a market and they are entitled to a profit, plus they must make back their service expenses. These calculations are added on top of what they guestimate actual claims will cost them.

Agree. Also, why get an EW on a brand new coach that will have a chassis warranty, a coach warranty, and individual warranties on the appliances, awnings, gen, engine, etc?

doorguy 12-03-2014 09:27 AM

We are on our second round with XtraRide and have had NO problems. They have never questioned the repair estimates and my repair places liked their claims process.

Ray,IN 12-03-2014 08:03 PM

Keep in mind, Good Sam, Wholesale warranties, and most others are brokers for the actual underwriters.