iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Boondocking (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f93/)
-   -   Quartzite 2015 (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f93/quartzite-2015-a-232468.html)

tanksalotct 01-17-2015 03:14 PM

Quartzite 2015

This is our first time at Quartzsite, and we're having a BLAST!! So far ( day 3) we've enjoyed:
1. Quiet.....lots of room, minimal noise, beautiful views & stars at night that are brilliant!
2. Inexpensive......$40 for two weeks is like free. Plus, the money saved can go towards important things, (like #4).
3. Beer Belly's bar (adult day care!). Live music, $3.50 drafts.
4. Sunny, with highs in the low 70's and very warm with the bright sun.
5. The ambiance is terrific, the weather is wonderful and we haven't even seen the RV show!!
Come on down!!!!

mbridinger 01-18-2015 08:22 AM

Those of us that live in AZ think it is funny that all of the RV's go to the nastiest piece of desert in the state and camp with 2000 of your closest friends (not). There are so many other beautiful paces to stay in AZ.

Reed Cundiff 01-18-2015 09:05 AM

We were with the Escapees Boondockers group at an isolated spot near Ehrenberg. Elaine wanted to go over to see Quartzite. We did and that was enough for both of us. She was recuperating from a broken right wrist and undergoing PT for 6 weeks before we could head down to Baja (through the Tecate crossing).

Agree with mbridinger, Arizona has so much great BLM land to boondock in solitude.

Reed and Elaine

DMTTRANSPORT 01-18-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reed Cundiff (Post 2387685)
We were with the Escapees Boondockers group at an isolated spot near Ehrenberg. Elaine wanted to go over to see Quartzite. We did and that was enough for both of us. She was recuperating from a broken right wrist and undergoing PT for 6 weeks before we could head down to Baja (through the Tecate crossing).

Agree with mbridinger, Arizona has so much great BLM land to boondock in solitude.

Reed and Elaine

Vulture Mine Road..........

Uncle Dave 01-18-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbridinger (Post 2387616)
Those of us that live in AZ think it is funny that all of the RV's go to the nastiest piece of desert in the state and camp with 2000 of your closest friends (not). There are so many other beautiful paces to stay in AZ.

I totally understand what you mean.

Quartzite isn't about the real estate, its about the camaraderie.

Quartzite Is proof the Rv'ers can have a good time anywhere.
All we need is a little space and each other!

UD

tanksalotct 01-18-2015 03:53 PM

We are planning on going on to Catalina State Park and Patagonia after Quartzsite, but we'll entertain suggestions for quiet, beautiful and inexpensive places in Southern AZ area.

timetogo 01-18-2015 06:04 PM

If AZ works for you, have fun.

jimnkaran 01-18-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbridinger (Post 2387616)

Maybe you need to come check all of us out in Quartzsite, you said 2000 but it is closer to 200000 people, we are here because we love meeting people of like mind from all over the country. The whole idea of full timing for us is to travel to different places and meet people from everywhere and this is one of the best places to do that. Come and join us just for a day or so and maybe you might change your mind. :cool:

dons2346 01-18-2015 07:00 PM

Attendance is way down from previous years. There is still lots of open space. Other than the dust the downside is the 13% sales tax

spritz 01-19-2015 05:35 AM

I was suppose to be there now but it didn't happen but I do plan on going maybe next year.
If there isn't that much too do:o I could always re-wax the old gal maybe even the caddie.I would be very content, just to get out of the cold.
Tim

Reed Cundiff 01-19-2015 07:49 AM

We really like Harshaw Canyon near Patagonia. There are a lot of great dispersed camping spots on the road. Not much traffic except Border Patrol and the birding is excellent.
Reed and Elaine

dshoben 01-20-2015 11:04 AM

You will enjoy Patagonia a great park and lake, they just put a new beach in last year. Nice small lake but not too small that's quiet and very enjoyable, the RV area is very nice too enjoy the wooden bridge. Hope you enjoy your stay in AZ and welcome.

tanksalotct 01-21-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reed Cundiff (Post 2388948)
We really like Harshaw Canyon near Patagonia. There are a lot of great dispersed camping spots on the road. Not much traffic except Border Patrol and the birding is excellent.
Reed and Elaine

Reed: Thanks for the post. We've got our hummingbird feeder and binoculars, and looking forward to being there soon. Are the dispersed camping spots on the road free? Dump stations at the park, I would expect.

Stan F.

scep 01-25-2015 10:20 AM

On Thurs. Nights the Arizona Sun RV Park has a "Jam" Session for anyone that wants to play and or listen. Pretty amazing how talented some of them "old folks" are. Check it out if you havent been before.