iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   New Allegro 32SA (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/new-allegro-32sa-234473.html)

jpstakun 02-05-2015 09:03 AM

New Allegro 32SA

Waiting delivery of a 2015 Allegro 32SA from La Mesa RV in Sanford, FL. I'm exited. Any comments about this dealer? They seem very organized and professional, more so than LD.:thumb:

garykk 02-05-2015 09:11 AM

Congrats on the new MH! Waiting is the worst part....don't know anything about your dealer..

PeaceOwl 02-10-2015 05:37 PM

Haven't heard anything bad, good luck, and you made a great pick! I love that floor plan. Congrats ;)

allegro1x 02-11-2015 04:29 PM

Congratulations on the new MH. Just looked at Tiffin specs - looks like the SA has some more storage and a heavier chasis than the CA we have. We have had good service with our 2012 32CA most of the situations I've had were operator not knowing the correct way to work something. Dave

Clockdoc 02-11-2015 07:14 PM

Have had our 32SA about a month and still learning the systems... whew a lot of questions. This week is our first trip out for a shake down.

Betr2Trvl 02-12-2015 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockdoc (Post 2421556)
Have had our 32SA about a month and still learning the systems... whew a lot of questions. This week is our first trip out for a shake down.

We should be taking delivery of our new 31SA in a few weeks-it should be getting the clear coat applied in the paint shop today! Picture sent to us yesterday, from new friends we met in Red Bay last week watching our coaches beng built.

This is our first MH, so it would be great to know what questions you have had to address as well as how your shakedown trip goes!

jpstakun 02-13-2015 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstakun (Post 2412606)
Waiting delivery of a 2015 Allegro 32SA from La Mesa RV in Sanford, FL. I'm exited. Any comments about this dealer? They seem very organized and professional, more so than LD.:thumb:

We just spent our first night in it and everything worked perfectly. Yesterday, was spent in PDI and walk through inspection. Wendy, at La Mesa did a phenominal job taking us through. This is our third motorhome, and I'm a mechanical engineer, so I'm pretty picky. I/we can't be more satisfied at this point. Storage capacity is cavernous too. My only criticism is that the bathroom sink is kind of small and the king bed leaves little room to walk around it. Otherwise, I like Tiffin products. We'll miss our Tropical. It has given us 15 years of faithful service.

Clockdoc 02-13-2015 08:23 PM

Did our first shake down over night trip and came on a few more issues. My guess is the thermostat in the bedroom is only functional on the AC not the heat settings? When I put jacks down they did not get level, have to see if they can be adjusted manually or need to be reset, found the dead bold on the door did not fit the hole in the striker plate, so that needs some work, Yes the bathroom sink is a bit small and if you want to put your head over the sink the cabinet leaves little room for that, AND my oh my does the RR door like to open when the coach goes over the slightest bump. That is a fix for the near future. Bed was sure nice.

Betr2Trvl 02-14-2015 05:49 AM

I almost had Tiffin not install the cabinet over the bathroom sink for exactly the reason you noted. I found the same issue in many of the other MHs we looked at too, and many cabinets stuck out even more than in the SAs.

i talked to several of the shop foreman about this issue during the build and recommended they simply put a shallow cabinet over the narrow part of the counter to the left of the sink instead of the corner one........

reubenray 02-14-2015 05:59 AM

The small sink is one my issues also. Plus the faucet does not extend far enough into it. I am replacing the faucet, but there is not enough room to replace the sink with a bigger one. Removing the cabinet above it is an option as this is a head banger for me. Someone on the Tiffin forum removed it and put in a cabinet on the outside wall.

reubenray 02-14-2015 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockdoc (Post 2423995)
Did our first shake down over night trip and came on a few more issues. My guess is the thermostat in the bedroom is only functional on the AC not the heat settings? When I put jacks down they did not get level, have to see if they can be adjusted manually or need to be reset, found the dead bold on the door did not fit the hole in the striker plate, so that needs some work, Yes the bathroom sink is a bit small and if you want to put your head over the sink the cabinet leaves little room for that, AND my oh my does the RR door like to open when the coach goes over the slightest bump. That is a fix for the near future. Bed was sure nice.

You are correct the bedroom t-stat will only work the A/C.

Try to remove the plastic/rubber sleeve at the deadbolt.

My coach did not level correctly at the beginning either. The front was always low. I had it adjusted at CRB. I also take a small level with me to adjust the jacks manually if necessary.

Clockdoc 02-15-2015 07:55 AM

Thanks for the valued comments. I have ordered an additional matching door and plan to make an additional cabinet for the bathroom as others have done. The original cabinets and sink limits look like a limitation to adjust too. The sink faucet modification is a real consideration. Thanks for conformation on the T-stat. I did push hard on the door from outside and the dead bolt will close. I think some adjustment is due because it will require pulling hard on the door from the inside to unlock the dead bold and I don't like that issue. Not a big deal to adjust. I noticed the out of level condition with the jacks showed in the morning with the amber lights so for some reason it appeared to not finish the leveling action. I did forget to take a small level on the first trip but will have one in the future. That is in the learning curve. I also noticed that most of the RR's have the freezer on the top, ours had the freezer on the bottom. Don't know the difference but the door sure liked to open at the slightest bump. Have designed a latch for the door and will install it today. Also investigating the sumosprings as an addition on the 24K chassis, they should help to control the rocking. Pretty straight forward to install them.

Clockdoc 02-15-2015 04:10 PM

Forgot to comment about reubenray's suggestion on the dead bolt issue. Yes I tapped the rubber insert in the door jam a bit a WALA the dead bolt works correctly.

jpstakun 02-16-2015 11:47 AM

There is no reason why this and all Allegros are so tall. I'm not a basketball player so the exterior height is nt necessary. I'm sure a coach 6 inches shorter would accommodate 99 percent of RVers.