iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Tiffin Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/)
-   -   Tiffin 2015 Phaeton (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/tiffin-2015-phaeton-235562.html)

dwighta 02-15-2015 07:02 PM

Tiffin 2015 Phaeton
 
Scheduled to pick up our new MH this week at Sherman RV in MS. Looking for advise.:blink:

MJFZ 02-15-2015 07:12 PM

Take as much time as you need for the Pre Delivery Inspection. Have the dealer demonstrate every feature, appliance, and gadget. Inspect everything very closely and be picky. Don't be surprised if you have a long list of items that you would like adjusted or repaired. For me it was a long day and I was in data overload. Most importantly, enjoy the day taking delivery of a beautiful new coach.

Mike

Butte64 02-15-2015 08:40 PM

In addition to the previous post, plan on at least two days and maybe more if you do not have prior DP experience. There is a lot to learn. Also, the ideal is to stay at least one overnight at the dealer before driving it away to make everything works and you know how to operate it.

edgray 02-16-2015 08:16 AM

WELCOME to iRV2.com , and congrats on your new Phaeton! I'll leave the Tiffin advice to Tiffin owners, but MY advice is to go to Sherman later in the week. There is an ICE storm there today and tomorrow. :(

PushedAround 02-16-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwighta (Post 2426653)
Scheduled to pick up our new MH this week at Sherman RV in MS. Looking for advise.:blink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJFZ (Post 2426668)
Take as much time as you need for the Pre Delivery Inspection. Have the dealer demonstrate every feature, appliance, and gadget. Inspect everything very closely and be picky. Don't be surprised if you have a long list of items that you would like adjusted or repaired. For me it was a long day and I was in data overload. Most importantly, enjoy the day taking delivery of a beautiful new coach.

Mike

I was going to be a smart alec and say "bring money" but Mike offers excellent advice. Especially if this is your 1st RV, you don't realize how complicated they are (you will learn) so make sure that you listen, take notes, and do not be afraid to keep asking about something until you understand it.

Also there is a Tiffin forum here to ask model specific questions.

luvlabs 02-16-2015 08:47 AM

We purchased our Phaeton from Sherman and they were great. We always had a tech available to us to answer questions and fix minor things that we noticed.

You can stay at Sherman as long as you need to feel comfortable with the MH. The trains will keep you up at night but don't let that stop you. Take the time you need.

Make sure you go to Cravin Catfish for dinner one night. It's only open Thurs - Sunday but it is an experience.

If you think you want to stay around a bit longer "just in case", Barnes Crossing in Tupelo is a good place to be. You are close to just about every store imaginable and some pretty decent resturants as well.

Selah 02-16-2015 09:19 AM

+1 for Roger. Take as long as you need to feel comfortable. In addition there is always something that needs fixed, adjusted, tweeked, touched up, parts ordered, or just plain doesn't look right. Allow at least a week for that. May not take that long but be prepared if it does.
If you can't stay at the dealer that long for some reason get a camp site close.

Kathryn 02-16-2015 09:32 AM

I read somewhere on here the suggestion to record the PDI and explanations ... That sounded like good advice to me, and since you are the only ones seeing it, it is simple to just use your phone to record.

Beautiful coach! Enjoy!

RKNOLA 02-16-2015 09:39 AM

You can go to Radio Shack or Walmart and buy a hand held recorder so you don't run down your phone battery. That way you can replay it as many times as you need. Good luck and please give us a review of your experience after you get your new rig!
Congrats!!

alandsusy 02-19-2015 06:50 AM

Phaeton 2015
 
Be sure you operate everything on the coach. We just took delivery of our 36gh from Lazydays and, while good overall, the Summit induction cooktop installed is simply non-functional. On low (1) it simmers, and on all other settings it simply burns everything. Since we like to cook, this is a major problem for us since, without propane in the all electric coach, the options to correct/replace it are limited.

BTW, the cooktop s NOT defective. According to Summit "that's just the way they work".

kayak70 02-19-2015 07:09 AM

We've had a lot of different RVs and my advice is simple. The PDI, even if excellent, will not be enough to check everything and learn everything about your new coach. Try to camp at the dealer's lot or nearby for at least four days. Live in that coach. Have an agreement with the dealer before you sign and accept that they will correct problems with your unit on a high priority, ie. as soon as you take it back after those camping days. Try to use every single feature of your new coach during this time. Of course things might still break later and probably will but you are trying to make sure your new rig is as close to right as possible as delivered. That's what you are paying for.

luvlabs 02-19-2015 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alandsusy (Post 2431405)
Be sure you operate everything on the coach. We just took delivery of our 36gh from Lazydays and, while good overall, the Summit induction cooktop installed is simply non-functional. On low (1) it simmers, and on all other settings it simply burns everything. Since we like to cook, this is a major problem for us since, without propane in the all electric coach, the options to correct/replace it are limited.

BTW, the cooktop s NOT defective. According to Summit "that's just the way they work".

I've seen posts on the Tiffin RV network concerning this issue. The overall consensus is that the Tiffin supplied cookware is the real problem. Get yourself a new set of induction cookware (T-fal was one brand mentioned) and the problems seem to go away.

alandsusy 02-20-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvlabs (Post 2431575)
I've seen posts on the Tiffin RV network concerning this issue. The overall consensus is that the Tiffin supplied cookware is the real problem. Get yourself a new set of induction cookware (T-fal was one brand mentioned) and the problems seem to go away.

We don't use the cookware supplied by Tiffin, but bought a top-quality induction ready set instead. Same result.

BTW, the cookware Tiffin provides comes along with the Summit cooktop and is not provided separately by Tiffin. It is as cheesy as the cooktop. Since you can buy both the cooktop and get the cookware along with it for $350 or should give one some idea of the quality level of this stuff.

dwighta 02-21-2015 06:11 AM

Thank you all for the
Helpful advice. I am concerned about the cooktop now and will have that demonstrated first. If it doesn't work for us what would be my alternative. I put 5k down and don't want to back out but my wife needs a stove as she enjoys cooking as much as I enjoy eating.???


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.