iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (
-   Class C Motorhome Discussions (
-   -   RV Maintenance (

aamoRV 06-29-2015 11:01 PM

RV Maintenance
I want to do some work to my RV, but I am not quite sure about the parts that I'm going to need. Would the parts be the same for ANY Ford E350 1991 7.5L V8 chassis, or does the fact that my chassis is on a class c motorhome make a difference?

My Chassis: Ford 1991 E350 Econoline V8 7.5L
My RV: 1992 Gulf Stream Conquest, Limited Edition, 29', Class C

Parts I want to replace:
1) Filler neck, Filler hoses, and hose clamps
2) Fuel pump(s) (not sure if my gas tank has one or two)
3) Rear leaf spring clip (metal clip that wraps around is cracked)
4) Fuel filter

Anyone who can either tell me what parts I need, or who know a website or place I can go to find out, please let me know.

38Chevy454 06-30-2015 09:04 AM

1) Filler neck and hoses will likely be specialized for the RV application. But you can get generic gas fill hose at a good auto parts store (like Napa, Car Quest or similar) that may work for your replacement - just bring old ones down for size and cut to length needed. The metal fill pipe should be good unless rusted through.
2) Fuel pump is same as Ford used for the van or other chassis applications.
3) Just go to a spring shop and they can get your clamp fixed.
4) Fuel filter should be same as Ford used for the van or other chassis applications, but locate it on the frame rail (or wherever it is) and check the numbers before buying new one.

aamoRV 06-30-2015 04:14 PM

Awesome, thank you! So, spring shop eh? I didn't realize there were shops that specialized in just vehicle springs.

aamoRV 06-30-2015 04:23 PM

Is it any shop that has "auto springs and suspension" services?

aamoRV 06-30-2015 08:14 PM

Also, was looking into both of my fuel pumps (low pressure tank mounted fuel pump, and high pressure inline electric fuel pump) and found these after some research on good brands: AND . However, when I look at the in-tank one, it says midship fuel tanks. What exactly does that mean? Will it still fit and work properly in my RV fuel tank (approx 75 gallons)?

38Chevy454 07-01-2015 09:58 AM

Spring shop can work on auto or truck. Just look in your city or ask around for a spring shop. I know Fresno has at least one spring shop if not several. Just drive the MH down there and they can look at your clamp and get you the right one.

For the in-tank pump, get a good one since dropping the tank to install is a PITA. The frame mounted pump is not as bad, but still a hassle if stranded on side of the road. So good quality pumps recommended for sure. No idea on what mid-ship tanks means besides it is somewhere between the front and rear. To be sure, if you can get the old pump out, and then check that vs the new one, to make sure it is the same. That is best way to know for sure the new part will work.

While your chassis is the made by Ford, it may have a bigger tank than the standard E350 van chassis. So having the old part is always best, if possible.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.