iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Power washers (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/power-washers-270086.html)

wingman139 11-12-2015 06:21 AM

Power washers

How many of you carry a power washer in your coach? Or just hand wash it. It is a lot of work not getting any younger.

Clifftall 11-12-2015 06:57 AM

Power / pressure washers do more damage than good IMO.

mrboyer 11-12-2015 07:10 AM

I carry an electric power washer, 1650 pounds pressure with soap dispenser. If you have decals, I would not use one; but I do with full body paint.

az bound 11-12-2015 07:10 AM

I have been carrying one and using it for over 40 years. Never has it done any damage. IMO one has to know how to use one, be smarter than the tool you are using.

HR2004 11-12-2015 07:31 AM

Don't own a power washer so I hand wash.. Keeps me young.

Triker56 11-12-2015 07:38 AM

Best thing ever to wash a rubber roof with. :thumb:
I have done it twice a year for many years on my now 17 year old roof and have had no damage from using it and no soap or brush work needed.

It gets under those AC covers & large vent covers that a brush can't. Also good for those bird dropping on the satellite dish. :)

My gel coat sides & ends do always need some brush help.

I don't carry my 1700 PSI one with me. I leave it at my winter spot in storage when on the road. Most campgrounds would frown on me using it anyway. :sad:

TonyMac 11-12-2015 07:55 AM

I have a powerwasher at home, a Honda 2800 psi 2.3 gpm my wifey bought me, but it doesn't do as well as my super soft brush and a bucket of water. It just doessn't get the road film off, and the clear bra maker recommends against powerwashing. I use car wash detergent -- I could maybe use stronger chemicals, but I don't want stronger chemicals on my mh. I use the powerwasher on my engines tho, it does well.

YC1 11-12-2015 09:07 AM

I just bought one on sale at HF. Leaving off the handle you move it around with and the wheels allows it to fit in one of my small compartments. I ran a hose through the bulkhead to my water bay. With quick disconnects the water is hooked up in seconds. The power cord is long enough to go to one of my outlets in another bay.

I do not take it out when using. Leaving the compartment open gives plenty of ventilation. I actually took it apart and added sound deadening material. Running it with the compartment closed it is really quiet. It is not as powerful as my gas one but that is an advantage in not damaging things.

There is a previous thread on this forum where the creative modifier Diplomat Don has mounted his near his generator.

Go the the search box (the small one) and type in pressure washer.,

MSHappyCampers 11-12-2015 10:12 AM

I would never use a power washer on my coach! JMHO! :nonono:

Dutch Star Don 11-12-2015 11:23 AM

I disassembled a Harbor Freight power washer (1650 psi) down to it's inner workings. When disassembled, it's about the size of a football. I mounted it to the coach frame.

530ktm 11-12-2015 11:36 AM

Those things remove stucco and paint on houses so think what the possibilities are for your coach. They are not magic, you still need to use soap or some type of cleaner and you still have to dry the thing so my preferred method is good suds, a long pole and a good mop type end. In between the good washing I use the Wash Wax All method.

dennis45 11-12-2015 11:55 AM

I use mine specifically for the roof, engine compartment and undercarriage. The rest of the coach I use Waterless Products but Sometimes I will use it to remove the heavy stuff and then go with the Waterless.
Nothing does the job on the roof as good as a pressure washer. IMHO,,,,

YC1 11-12-2015 12:01 PM

To clean the leaves and debri on the roof and awnings the pressure washer is the only thing that really does a good job. A painters pole and soft brush does the real washing of course. Pressure washers just don't remove the dirt well.

ctpres 11-12-2015 04:02 PM

I find pressure washer best at rinsing after soapy brush.