iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com International Rally (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f60/)
-   -   2016 iRV2 Rally (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f60/2016-irv2-rally-271445.html)

stan5711 11-25-2015 07:19 PM

2016 iRV2 Rally

Does anybody know if a date or location has been chosen yet for the 2016 irv2 rally. :popcorn:

nvestysly 11-26-2015 09:13 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. I noticed the thread asking if a location in the western states would work in the spring timeframe but haven't seen much on that subject recently.

Nothing against folks out west but if there's no support I say let's go east again.

We'd like to attend another iRV2 national so we're interested in seeing where the rally will be held for 2016.

DriVer 11-27-2015 08:44 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are working on the location, date and time for the 2016 iRV2 International Rally and we will have something to announce shortly.

For this upcoming year, it is most likely that the rally will be held East of the Mississippi River.

stan5711 11-28-2015 12:27 PM

Ok,thanks

rvbunz 12-06-2015 10:21 AM

Ready to make my reservations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

nvestysly 12-07-2015 07:32 AM

Okay, I know there are probably several people working diligently on the 2016 rally but it's frustrating to me that iRV2 is not able to identify the dates and location of next years rally at this years rally. Better yet, it would be great if the next years rally was known before this years rally.

Yes, I know we're all volunteers on this forum so anyone willing to step up and organize a rally is to be praised. Please don't take my comments as complaining but constructive criticism. If the dates and location for the following rally can be defined at an earlier date I think it would help many of us plan our schedules.

Danielle and I were not able to attend the 2013, 2014 and 2015 rallies due to scheduling conflicts. Had we known the dates and locations of the rallies at a (much) earlier date we may have been able to attend.

Thanks for considering my comments.

bsirby 12-07-2015 05:32 PM

We are hoping to attend 2016 if the dates work out in our favor.

rvbunz 12-07-2015 06:34 PM

nvestysly,
Recommendations have been made and I believe that Driver is waiting on confirmation from the campground. Announcements can't be made until the campgrounds that can support us lock on our request. I believe as Driver said an announcement is expected shortly. Please be patient and stay tuned. Hope to see you on the registered list when the time comes. Safe travels

rvbunz 12-07-2015 06:35 PM

Brenda and Frank, we will see you at the rally, hear me???? LOL

The Logans 12-09-2015 11:50 AM

We too would like to attend, if it's within a days travel from West Virginia!

kcmusa 12-10-2015 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Logans (Post 2855428)
We too would like to attend, if it's within a days travel from West Virginia!

if you both drive you can go a long way in 24 hours :)

bsirby 12-10-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvbunz (Post 2853554)
Brenda and Frank, we will see you at the rally, hear me???? LOL

Yes Sir:bow::bow::bow:

JMonroe 12-10-2015 09:25 AM

Just a few thoughts for those frustrated by the lack of information on our next rally.

Remember, IRV2 is nowhere near the scale of an FMCA or Good Sam. Those have large paid staff who's primary responsibility is planning rallies. My observation is that it's not hard to get help at the rally, but someone has to be dedicated to getting it to that stage. IRV2 is primarily a volunteer operation, whether we're discussing site moderation or the planning and execution of rallies. While many are willing to help (and it's typically the same dedicated core of volunteers) few have come forward willing and able to put in the time and work required to pull off a successful rally. I'm thankful for those members that are and I'm willing to cut them some slack.

We're in the same boat as many others, we've missed past rallies because we already had other plans by the time the IRV2 rally time and venue was announced, but that just makes the ones we are able to attend that much more special.

Volunteers, keep up the good work! :clap:

rvbunz 12-10-2015 11:36 AM

I can't say the exact dates but I would guess by past rallies that is always held in Sept, and maybe ending in Oct. So if you would like to attend try to keep your schedule clear for Sept. Just my opinion. I know I'll be there.

Safe travels
Bob