iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   My new '16 Aspire 42DEQ (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/my-new-16-aspire-42deq-284446.html)

midasman 03-27-2016 07:49 PM

My new '16 Aspire 42DEQ

HELLLP!!! Turned on water pump but getting NO FLOW! Pump runs, but NO pressure. City water works fine but something must be turned off between the water tank and the pump, after winterizing by the factory. All air bled out with city water but getting nothing from the water tank...

Glitches so far (had it since Wednesday):
Hold open gas struts on bay doors mostly falling off (heads of self tappers twisted off). Added extra self tappers to fix.

Bracket to raise rear engine cover would not close. Found right hand bracket MANGLED and very rusty. Self-locking bolts were in place but NEVER HOOKED UP TO THE BRACKET!

Dishwasher wouldn't run first time we tried it--customer service @ Fisher-Paykel said it needed a new board...

And lastly, coach pulling to right. Seems to need alignment. How many of you have had any of these problems?
Thanks for your help.
Pete

mc4fun 03-27-2016 08:05 PM

Wow, for a 16 that sounds like a lot of stuff, what is Manufacturer saying when you called them, I assume you have.....,
If it where me it would be going right where I picked it up to get all these things fixed!!!
Good luck!

brobox 03-27-2016 08:16 PM

These answers to your water pump not working might help. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/help...se-233892.html

FreshAir 03-27-2016 10:08 PM

possibly as simple as your anti freeze bypass valve being left in the suck antifreeze position. It's located just prior to the water pump.

PS, Put the Entegra CS, Customer Service, phone number in your Favorites list on your phone and prepare to meet lots of good folks at Entegra. Sincerely, CS is a great bunch and you'll soon learn to appreciate having them there to help.

loisjop 03-28-2016 05:46 AM

Sent you a private message.

jmcarter 03-28-2016 06:34 AM

Whoa, nothing like a little apprehension while awaiting the delivery of our new Aspire 44B on Wednesday. We have a audio recorder, camcorder and a long list of questions for our tech who's going to do our orientation. He is reportedly excellent and planning on exercising every system, especially the Aqua-Hot 400-LP, Whirlpool washer/dryer (preferred the Splendide) dishwasher and HWH leveling system. The reputation for addressing customer issues over the 2 year warranty period and beyond, obvious craftsmanship, and side radiator is what swung us from ordering a Ventana to the Aspire and hopefully this first blush of issues will be quickly resolved.

brobox 03-28-2016 08:22 AM

The OP is a good reason to spend a few days living in the coach at the dealers or close by so these small items can be addressed at time of purchase. There is nothing on the list that is unusual for any new MH. I would have been singing Zippity-Do-Da if that would have been my delivery list. :laugh: Very pleased to hear your delivery list is minor.

As for the front end pull, do call CS about having the alignment checked. I also had the same problem, but mine was before Entegra had their own alignment rack.

midasman 03-28-2016 09:39 AM

Entegra is looking for the bent lift arm (and motor). It's not in the regular parts list, probably because they don't forget to hook it up that often so IT DOESN'T GET BENT...Also, I'd have things repaired at Dixie but I'm 300 miles away...

RubiconTrail 03-28-2016 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midasman (Post 2997059)
Entegra is looking for the bent lift arm (and motor). It's not in the regular parts list, probably because they don't forget to hook it up that often so IT DOESN'T GET BENT...Also, I'd have things repaired at Dixie but I'm 300 miles away...

Did you figure out the water situation?

RubiconTrail 03-28-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarter (Post 2996771)
Whoa, nothing like a little apprehension while awaiting the delivery of our new Aspire 44B on Wednesday. We have a audio recorder, camcorder and a long list of questions for our tech who's going to do our orientation. He is reportedly excellent and planning on exercising every system, especially the Aqua-Hot 400-LP, Whirlpool washer/dryer (preferred the Splendide) dishwasher and HWH leveling system. The reputation for addressing customer issues over the 2 year warranty period and beyond, obvious craftsmanship, and side radiator is what swung us from ordering a Ventana to the Aspire and hopefully this first blush of issues will be quickly resolved.

Make sure you run all systems on shore power AND generator. Found several problems with my 110 volt stuff that only showed up running on genny.

midasman 03-28-2016 08:05 PM

Thank-you guys, for all your help. Finally have water off of the pump. Talked to Entegra Customer Service a number of times, but finally, the mechanic that did the walk through at Dixie RV in Hammond, La. solved it after going out to another Aspire and then calling me back. In the wet bay, at the lower right front, and behind the removable cover/door, there are two valves. The top one is the on/off valve for the suction tube that feeds the chlorine into the water tank. The one below it looks like the same type of on/off valve, BUT IT ISN'T...Clockwise is off. Counterclockwise is a tank drain. BUT there is also a third position--in the middle. That is THE ONLY POSITION IN WHICH YOU CAN DRAW WATER FROM YOUR WATER TANK USING THE PUMP. Ya' learn sumpin new ever day, Clyde...Thanks guys for your suggestions and concern.
Midasman Pete
2016 Aspire 42 DEQ

Gasman 2 03-28-2016 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by midasman (Post 2997962)
Thank-you guys, for all your help. Finally have water off of the pump. Talked to Entegra Customer Service a number of times, but finally, the mechanic that did the walk through at Dixie RV in Hammond, La. solved it after going out to another Aspire and then calling me back. In the wet bay, at the lower right front, and behind the removable cover/door, there are two valves. The top one is the on/off valve for the suction tube that feeds the chlorine into the water tank. The one below it looks like the same type of on/off valve, BUT IT ISN'T...Clockwise is off. Counterclockwise is a tank drain. BUT there is also a third position--in the middle. That is THE ONLY POSITION IN WHICH YOU CAN DRAW WATER FROM YOUR WATER TANK USING THE PUMP. Ya' learn sumpin new ever day, Clyde...Thanks guys for your suggestions and concern.
Midasman Pete
2016 Aspire 42 DEQ

Is this what your valve arrangement looks like? This is on a 16 Anthem.Attachment 122604

midasman 03-29-2016 07:20 AM

Gasman 2 NAILED it. His picture is showing exactly what my problem was. Bottom valve must be straight up. It wasn't :(
Now it is:)
Thank-you Gasman 2...

Gasman 2 03-31-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midasman (Post 2998404)
Gasman 2 NAILED it. His picture is showing exactly what my problem was. Bottom valve must be straight up. It wasn't :(
Now it is:)
Thank-you Gasman 2...

Your are welcome. Glad that fixed it.