iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   comfort drive??? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/comfort-drive-29099.html)

clnhse 10-15-2007 06:29 PM

I think I am having a problem with my coach. 08 dsdp. I just drove 1400 miles, our first big trip. The coach has a total of 2700 miles on it now. A few little problems I took care of myself. I had it weighted 14k on front 14k on center and 7 k on rear axel. I adjusted per tire charts. The rear does not ride as hard as before. 110 in front 85 in center and 75 in rear. The comfort drive is great. It always centers and I feel it reduces the crown. but,,,,,,,I feel slack in steering...about one to two inches. it took me about 700 miles to pin point it. When I change lanes and I steer to the left once the coach crosses the center line I need to bring it back to the right. sometine I get a rhythm of left and right like I would be oversteering it. I also feel box trucks. they push me then suck me in. I really feel there is some slack like a loose steering box. Tomorrow night I will look under and check. Could I just need a front end alignment????? I even put more air in the rear tires thinking it would stop the sway...I have read a post by someone else that has had the same problem with a k2 chassis. I feel the comfort drive is fine the problem is the coach....

clnhse 10-15-2007 06:29 PM

I think I am having a problem with my coach. 08 dsdp. I just drove 1400 miles, our first big trip. The coach has a total of 2700 miles on it now. A few little problems I took care of myself. I had it weighted 14k on front 14k on center and 7 k on rear axel. I adjusted per tire charts. The rear does not ride as hard as before. 110 in front 85 in center and 75 in rear. The comfort drive is great. It always centers and I feel it reduces the crown. but,,,,,,,I feel slack in steering...about one to two inches. it took me about 700 miles to pin point it. When I change lanes and I steer to the left once the coach crosses the center line I need to bring it back to the right. sometine I get a rhythm of left and right like I would be oversteering it. I also feel box trucks. they push me then suck me in. I really feel there is some slack like a loose steering box. Tomorrow night I will look under and check. Could I just need a front end alignment????? I even put more air in the rear tires thinking it would stop the sway...I have read a post by someone else that has had the same problem with a k2 chassis. I feel the comfort drive is fine the problem is the coach....

cwg 10-15-2007 06:37 PM

Kind of sounds like the drag link discussion we just posted next to this subject.

Update, Some may remember that I complained that on the trip home from taking delivery of a new 08 MA that I was disappointed in the amount of driver input that was required with CD. It took Spartan a full day to replace the original drag link and set the alinement up properly but she is a dream to drive now. Spartan is aware that on the K2 chassis the drag link has slack in it and a new inproved version is in stock. I do not know if it is a recall or campaine or what,but,Spartan knew the solution right off. They only set the toe-in before the chassis is shipped and the final alinement is done by newmar. The mech privately told me that apparently the unit left the factory before it got alined. We are at Camp Newmar for other work. There are so many units here that some are having to park in the parking lot and run their generators.BTW thank you Mr. Sherman "you done good"___________________________________

clnhse 10-15-2007 06:42 PM

I read you post I feel I am having the same problem. Was there plenty of slack. Could I see it. Other then that it drives great. Now this is my first rv so I do not have any prior experience on driving these machines.

SINCE THIS APPEARS TO BE A DUPLICATE DISCUSSION I AM CLOSING IT,BUT WILL LEAVE IT FOR REFERENCE....