iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/)
-   -   RV Campgrds Bar Harbor Me (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/rv-campgrds-bar-harbor-me-303501.html)

Catcoach 08-10-2016 11:35 AM

RV Campgrds Bar Harbor Me
 
Looking at a rip to bar Harbor Me in mid September, would appreciate your recommendations. 40 foot Class A , pulling a tow dolly this trip.

Selah 08-10-2016 12:46 PM

We stayed an Narrows Too just outside the park. They have about twelve spaces that face the bay. Only one of those spaces is set up for class A. The rest (of those twelve) are set up for 5ers. However most of,the class A pulled in forwards and simply ran their hook ups under the coach.

n-e-d 08-10-2016 03:03 PM

Timberland has long pull thru sites halfway between Acadia and Ellsworth,Bar Harbor has pull thus but is cash no reservation, Smugglers Den has some concrete back in pads

G.G. 08-10-2016 03:26 PM

We're there right now..Mt. Desert Narrows (Narrows Too is their other CG). It's fine. They have some 50 amps on the water, but they won't have sewer. We have a 50 amp, FHU, pull-thru, but not on water. There are trees on a lot of the sites.

Catcoach 08-11-2016 06:43 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, sounds like the Narrows will work out great, I would imagine that after Labor day the crowds will be less.
Now where do you all recommend for the best Lobster?

PanJH 08-11-2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catcoach (Post 3203500)
Thanks for the suggestions, sounds like the Narrows will work out great, I would imagine that after Labor day the crowds will be less.
Now where do you all recommend for the best Lobster?

If you are staying at Narrows Too, there are a couple of lobster pounds right outside the campground. For a more stylish refined diner, go to Galyn's in Bar harbor and have the lazy man's lobster. Thurston's Lobster is also on Mt. Desert Island and has great scenery in addition to good lobster. For great lobster rolls, if you happen to be in the area of Wiscasset, stop at Red's

DrDaveMA 08-11-2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanJH (Post 3203510)
If you are staying at Narrows Too, there are a couple of lobster pounds right outside the campground. For a more stylish refined diner, go to Galyn's in Bar harbor and have the lazy man's lobster. Thurston's Lobster is also on Mt. Desert Island and has great scenery in addition to good lobster. For great lobster rolls, if you happen to be in the area of Wiscasset, stop at Red's


After Labor Day Red's should be OK, before it is very crowded, lines WAY down the block. Red's is the best (4 1/2 Yelp stars), they have won MANY local and national awards for their lobster rolls, but if it is crowded go across the street to Sprague's (4 Yelp stars). Lobster is as good, many locals eat there because the lines are no where near as long.

CampDaven 08-11-2016 07:47 AM

RV Campgrds Bar Harbor Me
 
There are billboards and such that advertise the "Voted the Best Lobster Rolls", etc. This is only tourist reviews!
In ME, the coves that have little villages with little restaurants where the locals go, and for the right reasons.
And the REAL Maine begins farther Downeast from Bar Harbor.
Search. Find. Enjoy!

Stewest 08-19-2016 09:31 PM

It's a little ways south of Bar Harbor, but Camden Hills State park is a great campground. Very wooded. We stayed in a 40' MH with our toad. It's in Camden, ME

wam16 08-21-2016 06:30 PM

We were in ME late June of this year. Stayed at Timberlands RV Park and would stay again. The pull thru sites are huge and the roads are all paved, no dust. We drove through Narrows Too campground and preferred Timberlands.

There are two lobster pounds just below the campground, Either place had great lobster. Angel had lobster four nights in a row while we were there!!!!

Allen

CampDaven 08-21-2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wam16 (Post 3219395)
We were in ME late June of this year. Stayed at Timberlands RV Park and would stay again. The pull thru sites are huge and the roads are all paved, no dust. We drove through Narrows Too campground and preferred Timberlands.

There are two lobster pounds just below the campground, Either place had great lobster. Angel had lobster four nights in a row while we were there!!!!

Allen


We are there now.
Don't come back. We have depleted the lobstah and oysters!
Loved this place!

Catcoach 08-23-2016 11:39 AM

I love the idea of the Lobster pounds near the campgrd. Have been to Red's, very good, but oh those lines. There is lots of great lobster in many places and like some one said look for the lobster shacks in many of the small coves.

climbviasid 08-31-2016 06:17 PM

Anybody know of any Bangor/Bar Harbor Rv parks that stay open till late October?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.