iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Toy Haulers Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f49/)
-   -   Refrigerator Problems (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f49/refrigerator-problems-30459.html)

Aviator 06-28-2006 05:38 AM

Hey team,,,
My frig works on Propane but no longer works on power. Checked breakers and made sure I had power to the fridge... I check the power at the outlet and that was ok.
Any ideas before I go nuts and spend money?

Also,, I towed the 5'er last night for the first time with the new truck. WoW, what differance. I had to watch my speed, she wanted to go. The shifting was so much smother and I had much more power. Pulling the Toll Roads grade from the 91 south on the 241 the slowest I got was 45 at just about the top. The dodge was at 30 at the mid part of the grade.
Big diff...

Thanks in advance.

Aviator 06-28-2006 05:38 AM

Hey team,,,
My frig works on Propane but no longer works on power. Checked breakers and made sure I had power to the fridge... I check the power at the outlet and that was ok.
Any ideas before I go nuts and spend money?

Also,, I towed the 5'er last night for the first time with the new truck. WoW, what differance. I had to watch my speed, she wanted to go. The shifting was so much smother and I had much more power. Pulling the Toll Roads grade from the 91 south on the 241 the slowest I got was 45 at just about the top. The dodge was at 30 at the mid part of the grade.
Big diff...

Thanks in advance.

melon 06-28-2006 07:28 AM

I have this same problem. I called the dealer and the service tech told me she has delt with this before and in the past it has been that the board on the frig has gone bad. Aparently the circut board behind the access panel on the back of my frig, the panel the is on the outside of the trailer. You can take that panel off and check your fuses as well, that might be the problem also. Be careful when your in there with a tester though, you have 12 volt along with 110 volt, make sure you know which one you are testing. I know I have two fuses, both really small amps. and I checked them both, they were both good. Thats when I called and she explained the board problem and you have to take it to the dealer or RV repair. I have yet to take mine in, it is less of a prioriy when the gas still gets the frig cold. I need to do it soon, I don't want the warranty to expire.

Rod

Aviator 07-10-2006 10:37 AM

Melon,
I ordered the board and the electic heating element. After that,,, I was doing some more test on the system and noticed that my Multimeter was giving me bad readings.... So, picked up a new meter and found that the electic heating element was bad. Replaced that and the frig works once again. I've got the board if someone needs it.

melon 07-15-2006 08:44 PM

Thanks, I'll try the board first, if that isn't the problem I'll go to the heating element. Doing this all myself will be easier than taking it to the dealer, and faster as well.

Rod