iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Duro-Therm ( Not One, but two ) (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/duro-therm-not-one-but-two-31323.html)

crudeman 05-22-2007 07:03 PM

A few weeks back on my front air stop blowing cold air, when I returned home had our local Mobile Tech come out and it had lost all Freon. Called Dometic and they sent a new replacement. During this time the rear air started acting up, it blows super cold for a few minutes and then switches over to hot air like the heat pump kicked in. He checked it out last night and what Dometic told him to check did not work out so they are sending a new one for the back. Found it odd they both went bad at the same time, but now have front air. New one should be here in a few days.
Moral of this story is that Dometic took care of their customers under warranty without any hassles at all. That sure has made the heat more tolerable.
Both units are low profile 13,500 ducted units with heat pumps.

crudeman 05-22-2007 07:03 PM

A few weeks back on my front air stop blowing cold air, when I returned home had our local Mobile Tech come out and it had lost all Freon. Called Dometic and they sent a new replacement. During this time the rear air started acting up, it blows super cold for a few minutes and then switches over to hot air like the heat pump kicked in. He checked it out last night and what Dometic told him to check did not work out so they are sending a new one for the back. Found it odd they both went bad at the same time, but now have front air. New one should be here in a few days.
Moral of this story is that Dometic took care of their customers under warranty without any hassles at all. That sure has made the heat more tolerable.
Both units are low profile 13,500 ducted units with heat pumps.

Our Time 05-23-2007 05:17 AM

I have the same units and I am on the third unit for the front AC(All in one year). I had one with no heat they replaced, the second was low on freon they replaced and now the new (Third) one is freezing up after a few hours operation. We are still working that problem. I wonder if Dometic is having a problem with these 13,500 heat pumps?

Chuck & Mary
06 LaPalma 37 W24
03 LeSabre Toad

crudeman 05-29-2007 10:04 AM

Well Chuck/Mary since I have not read anymore here about A/C's that maybe we just got unlucky with our units which could be a good thing. My rear air should be here today/tomorrow and be installed. I have been concerned about this tho.

iceit 06-25-2007 03:43 PM

We also had our Dometic a/c go out on us in Las Vegas last week and it was 106 degress there. We went to Cal's Boat and RV and their tech checked our unit and he found that it wasn't work properly. We were lucky that our unit was under warrenty, they called Dometic on wednesday and it was replaced under warrenty. Dometic said it was to be shipped out rightway and it should arrive on friday or monday. It arrived on monday to my delight, it was installed in a hour and we were HAPPY CAMPERS.

digNbubbs 06-25-2007 10:46 PM

My front bit the dirt yesterday. I will find out tomorrow morning how we will get it replaced. This is my second outage in the past six months - first the rear, now the front. Wildwood replaced the rear.

--kev

Ed S 06-26-2007 01:14 PM

Thought maybe as a result of the golf balls sized hail storm we had and the cracks in the ac covers. But that darn thing never seemed to work right from the get go. Dealer checked once and seemed fine to them. I checked the room temp against the cool air coming out a few weeks back and it was about 20 degrees. Back works great. Have to see what happens with the front. Anyone know how long the warrenty is?

06 HR Endeaver

RonNBama 06-27-2007 04:29 AM

I guess I need to stop whining. The unit I am having to replace has been functioning for 10-years. Still cools and according to the tech was drawing the expected 11-amps. We just could not tolerate the noise from the compressor. Now the new one can be expected to last, what, 2-years! http://irv2.infopop.cc/groupee_commo...icon_frown.gif

crudeman 06-27-2007 07:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ed S:

Anyone know how long the warrenty is?

The warranty from Dometic should be two years.