iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Newmar's Beds Are The King (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/newmars-beds-are-the-king-31655.html)

Lug_Nut 01-22-2007 08:11 AM

I love Newmar's king beds. They are really as king as you are going to get in a coach set up. Ever notice Newell. Most are Murphy beds, usually queen I believe, however they are short, about 74". I checked a new Marathon out. It stated junor king, It was several inches narrower than that of Newmars.
In many ways, Newmar does it better than far higher priced units. After all, you don't get Comfort Drive on a Prevost conversion either.

Lug_Nut 01-22-2007 08:11 AM

I love Newmar's king beds. They are really as king as you are going to get in a coach set up. Ever notice Newell. Most are Murphy beds, usually queen I believe, however they are short, about 74". I checked a new Marathon out. It stated junor king, It was several inches narrower than that of Newmars.
In many ways, Newmar does it better than far higher priced units. After all, you don't get Comfort Drive on a Prevost conversion either.

JavaJelly 01-22-2007 08:37 AM

Amen to that. Love our true King Bed. Especially when a certain small child likes to get up around 5:30 a.m. once in a while and hang w/Mom & Dad until they get up.

I do have comfort drive envy. Seems like I can feel you MA and EX guys smile when you write about it.

cwg 01-22-2007 09:17 AM

I totally agree, Peter. Having always had the Select Comfort air mattress beds in the queen size, it is really nice to have the Newmar king. Not only for the size you have mentioned, but the comfort is great... and it is not even any form of a memory foam mattress.

rebelsbeach 01-22-2007 10:51 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cwg:
I totally agree, Peter. Having always had the Select Comfort air mattress beds in the queen size, it is really nice to have the Newmar king. Not only for the size you have mentioned, but the comfort is great... and it is not even any form of a memory foam mattress. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mattress is showing "wear" signs and I've had to rotate it...I started sleeping on every other side of the bed when I took the "next" trip. By sleeping on one side I've seemingly worn one side more than the other...

The LA has the Select Comfort....

Lug_Nut 01-22-2007 11:27 AM

Bob, Why does this not surprise me. The BBT is in a world of its own. The new owner will change that. It will then be known as the BBT (Big Beutiful Tag) rig.

Peter

rebelsbeach 01-22-2007 12:55 PM

Peter, I'm anxious for you to see the wear on the mattress,but having just gotten off the phone with North Trail, you'd better come down before Friday morning @ 9AM!!