iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Left Shock Good, Right Shock Shot... Also, Various Random Pics (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/left-shock-good-right-shock-shot-also-various-random-pics-349772.html)

Ocean Mist 07-16-2017 10:23 AM

Left Shock Good, Right Shock Shot... Also, Various Random Pics

5 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to post these to see If anyone noticed anything...

Like, 'Oh no you have one of those... Look out for..."

Also, how to adjust the TRW steering unit?

Oh! Remember the Previous owner said he had it serviced...

I replaced all the 10lb with more appropriate poundage High Pressure shocks.Shocks. 10lb for the 2 smaller doors, and 20lb for the larger ones.

Ocean Mist 07-16-2017 10:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
What's the red thingy and associated parts down there do?

One good shock...lol It will have to go anyway when I replace all shocks with source...

Oh! and one other thing... I just found out that my Mascerator hose has a hole in it... You know the previous seller put rubber tape like the stuff on TV to fix it...

"Huney, OK. Turn on the mescerator!" "Oh STOP STOP it spraying Liquefied Poo all over...!"

eeewwww. yes I did just buy a new hose

cruzbill 07-16-2017 10:47 AM

Time for a chassis lube! Your TRW box has an adjustment screw with a nut around it (yeah, that's us!) you can see it in your photo. I think the nut takes a 3/4" wrench, could be 7/8", can't remember. If you want to be proactive, hit it with some liquid wrench first. Loosen the nut an bit, then with a screwdriver, turn the adj screw in until you feel resistance. Tighten the nut again and drive it. Its trial and error, that will tighten up the steering wheel, you have to drive it some, then adj again, until you like the feel. Not too tight, not to loose.

the red thing I think is a height adj valve.......

cruzbill 07-16-2017 11:08 AM

Ocean Mist, My still new to me '05 Beaver gets easier to drive every time I run it. One of the first things I noticed was it seemed to wander as I drove down the freeway. So I took some of the free play out of the steering wheel by tightening the TRW steering box. That helped, but then I noticed what was really happening-I was oversteering! Making small, continuous corrections to keep in the center of the lane. I've since learned to fight that impulse and to look farther down the road, easier now to stay in my lane. Just a thought!

Oh, and the red thing of course is an air line, its connected to a ride height valve.

10Boomer 07-16-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocean Mist (Post 3701745)
Just wanted to post these to see If anyone noticed anything...

Like, 'Oh no you have one of those... Look out for..."

Also, how to adjust the TRW steering unit?

Oh! Remember the Previous owner said he had it serviced...

I replaced all the 10lb with more appropriate poundage High Pressure shocks.Shocks. 10lb for the 2 smaller doors, and 20lb for the larger ones.

Sam, I may have it already, email me, I will give you TRW manual. If you are stopping at Kaiser soon you can have them complete it too.

10Boomer 07-16-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruzbill (Post 3701794)
Time for a chassis lube! Your TRW box has an adjustment screw with a nut around it (yeah, that's us!) you can see it in your photo. I think the nut takes a 3/4" wrench, could be 7/8", can't remember. If you want to be proactive, hit it with some liquid wrench first. Loosen the nut an bit, then with a screwdriver, turn the adj screw in until you feel resistance. Tighten the nut again and drive it. Its trial and error, that will tighten up the steering wheel, you have to drive it some, then adj again, until you like the feel. Not too tight, not to loose.

the red thing I think is a height adj valve.......

Before adjusting there are alignment marks on output shaft and case too. Its better to disconnect drag link to adjust box.

Ocean Mist 07-17-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10Boomer (Post 3702190)
Before adjusting there are alignment marks on output shaft and case too. Its better to disconnect drag link to adjust box.

ok the "output shaft..." "Drag Link...?"

I will google it don't worry about me...:blush:

lols thanks for the info! I'll probably let the guys at Source fool with it before I mess something up...