iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   All power went out (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/all-power-went-out-350589.html)

Dreamer317 07-20-2017 06:31 PM

All power went out

Have been living in our RV had an Electriction install a power plug as not to run off gas generator anyway house has been showing so we have as I stated living in the RV in a snap power ship off, we unplugged the power and started the generator everything works fine, but can't stay that was please need advise.
Safe Travles
Victoria

jacwjames 07-20-2017 06:38 PM

Are you sure the electrician installed the correct plug and wiring compatible with an RV. Not the same as a dryer plug.

FatChance 07-20-2017 10:18 PM

Sorry, could you restate your question? What you posted is not very clear.

Sue46 07-21-2017 02:05 AM

x2 for a restate, have no idea what a "snap power ship off" is.

marjoa 07-21-2017 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer317 (Post 3709675)
anyway house has been showing so we have as I stated living in the RV in a snap power ship off,
Safe Travles
Victoria

HUH? Please reword this. Makes no sense.

nothermark 07-21-2017 04:25 AM

If you mean the power shut off the question is what shut off? The house feed you had installed or something else?

Are we talking 30A or 50A?

If you are using something on a phone that autocompletes your words please shut it off or check what it is saying. Your message is almost too garbled to have a clue what you want.

funjnt 07-21-2017 06:35 AM

Did the breaker trip? I know that's obvious but one has to ask. I would check the pedestal outlet first for correct power and or call the electrician if breaker is turned on. Do you have a voltage protecting transfer switch? Was plug wired properly with proper amperage? Just looking at all venues.

Podivin 07-21-2017 06:55 AM

I believe she's saying that 'in a snap, the power shut off' or 'just as quick as a wink, we lost all power' or 'without any warning, it all went dark'. :)
And, after unplugging the power cord and turning on the generator everything was working again.

Victoria, check the breaker in the house that you're plugged in to, it may have tripped.
Get out (or buy) your trusty volt meter, if there is power to the outlet that you're plugged into then follow the shore power cord and check every connection.
Do this CAREFULLY, we don't want you to get shocked.
If you're not comfortable working with electricity then you should probably find someone who is.

Good luck!

ThePowells 07-21-2017 07:01 AM

Jessica, call the electrician back out to double check his work. If I am understanding what you tried to say (35 years reading police reports helps) is that you had an outlet installed and that it originally was working but popped off and now isn't. This will probably track back to a tripped circuit breaker. This could be caused by a number of things from not installing the proper breaker to an issue with the wiring not being proper size, or maybe he has something else running through that breaker also. The coach needs to be on its own breaker and wiring run and he also needs to check the total amperage flow going to the coach to ensure that you don't have a gremlin sucking up power.

Dreamer317 07-21-2017 08:54 AM

All power went out

Ok, yes install is correct, we have been living in the RV for 2 months now, this is the first time it has happened.
Had to get permit for it and hire a contractor in this field.
Safe Travles
Victoria

DryCreek 07-21-2017 09:52 PM

It has gotten hotter just about everywhere now. I wonder if the added load from a constantly running an AC (or a pair of AC's) finally drew enough current to trip the breaker?

WillandJane 07-22-2017 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCreek (Post 3711592)
It has gotten hotter just about everywhere now. I wonder if the added load from a constantly running an AC (or a pair of AC's) finally drew enough current to trip the breaker?

X2[emoji106]

Dreamer317 07-22-2017 12:43 PM

That was it!! Thank you so much for your time.
Safe Travles
Victoria