iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Monaco Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Garmin GVN52 (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/garmin-gvn52-35541.html)

Happycarz 01-08-2008 07:40 PM

I purchased my coach from Guaranty RV, but took factory dilivery. As I had ordered factory navigation (Dayton VDO0, I was interested in its operation on our road test. After the delivery tech woring with it for over ten minutes, he gave up. Besides, the scren resolution was worse than a Commadore 64. After two days discussion about this piece of junk, they admitted that they had a different brand but had not yet tested it in a coach. On the third day, I said they could take it out, or Guaranty RV could take it out, or I would take it out, as I was not leaving with it installed in my coach. When I got the coach back at the end of the day (they were fixing all the small stuff), lo and behold, I had a Garmin running on my Aladdin Jr. In less than ten minutes, I had it figured out.
A little background. My friend took delivery of a 08 Scepter three weeks before me and he had ordered the factory nav system also. As he clued me in about it before I took delivery, I was primed, so to speak. My friend couldn't get the factory to do anything about his, even after mentioning what they had done for me. So, at the Redmond rally, he found a VP in charge of sales, who committed to a $500.00 alllowance
to replace it. He went on line and found the Garmin GVN52 for around $400. He had a local rv service center install the ant and I installed the rest. One box, an ant input, two outputs to the Aladdin Jr., add switched 12v and a ground and that was it.
Use the joy stick to toggle amoung camera, Aladdin and nav. It is rv ready and has a menu listing for campgrounds. Using the remote, in 4 or 5? clicks, and less than ten seconds you have the listing on the screen arranged by proximity.
On another post, I read where the steering wheel is in the way of the screen on certain models, but mine is quite a bit to the left of the steering wheel and perfect for me.

Happycarz 01-08-2008 07:40 PM

I purchased my coach from Guaranty RV, but took factory dilivery. As I had ordered factory navigation (Dayton VDO0, I was interested in its operation on our road test. After the delivery tech woring with it for over ten minutes, he gave up. Besides, the scren resolution was worse than a Commadore 64. After two days discussion about this piece of junk, they admitted that they had a different brand but had not yet tested it in a coach. On the third day, I said they could take it out, or Guaranty RV could take it out, or I would take it out, as I was not leaving with it installed in my coach. When I got the coach back at the end of the day (they were fixing all the small stuff), lo and behold, I had a Garmin running on my Aladdin Jr. In less than ten minutes, I had it figured out.
A little background. My friend took delivery of a 08 Scepter three weeks before me and he had ordered the factory nav system also. As he clued me in about it before I took delivery, I was primed, so to speak. My friend couldn't get the factory to do anything about his, even after mentioning what they had done for me. So, at the Redmond rally, he found a VP in charge of sales, who committed to a $500.00 alllowance
to replace it. He went on line and found the Garmin GVN52 for around $400. He had a local rv service center install the ant and I installed the rest. One box, an ant input, two outputs to the Aladdin Jr., add switched 12v and a ground and that was it.
Use the joy stick to toggle amoung camera, Aladdin and nav. It is rv ready and has a menu listing for campgrounds. Using the remote, in 4 or 5? clicks, and less than ten seconds you have the listing on the screen arranged by proximity.
On another post, I read where the steering wheel is in the way of the screen on certain models, but mine is quite a bit to the left of the steering wheel and perfect for me.