iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Customer Appreciation Dinner in Tampa (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/customer-appreciation-dinner-in-tampa-355984.html)

rljacobs 08-22-2017 04:53 PM

Customer Appreciation Dinner in Tampa

Just received in the US mail a notice from Entegra regarding their annual dinner at the Tampa Super RV show in January 2018. In the past this appreciation dinner was for registered Entegra owners and was provided at no cost to Entegra owners. And it was greatly appreciated by all. NOW, however it appears that there will be a small charge for our attendance at this owner "appreciation" dinner. Things do change when personnel changes.

DebbieMH 08-22-2017 05:01 PM

Yes, even though everyone who owns an Entegra can afford to go - I do believe the attendance will be down greatly this year. It's the principle of it. I know I won't be going.

Ann n Gene 08-22-2017 05:19 PM

Pay for a sales pitch???? Don't think so. They need to take the name customer appreciation off of this event. All JMHO

MoHoGo 08-22-2017 05:32 PM

In their defense, last year a lot of people that registered just didn't show up. This would be a great opportunity for NIRVC to pick up the tab for dinner for the folks that purchased their Entegra from them... ;-)

brobox 08-22-2017 08:14 PM

In the past the Customer Appreciation Dinner was in part to share "needs" from new coach owners on what could be improved. Being a Classic owner, those ideas have now been used on the new models. I wish those of us that shared our improvements on Dusty56's "show us your mods" post, that have been used by Entegra, would have at least received dinner tickets. :laugh:

Nowabeachbum 08-22-2017 08:20 PM

We have been to every dinner since the beginning (2012) when about 25 of us showed up!
I won't be there for this one coming up, not because of the charge, but because Entegra lost site of why most of us go! And that is to see friends that in some cases, we haven't seen since the last dinner and also meet new ones! A real since of community. This past year there was little time to commune, rush to dinner, then speeches, then terrible entertainment, now get out!
No thanks, I'll pass:nonono:

wmpbauer 08-23-2017 01:40 PM

It's not too often I weigh in on discussions like this, however Medarda and I noticed quite a number of empty seats last year. Entegra had to stop taking reservations because they were full under Fire Marshall restrictions. Almost all of those empty seats were no-shows...folks who made reservations and then didn't cancel their reservation when they couldn't attend.

Courtesy is a two-way street, and I suspect sometimes we forget there is a cost and a contract between Entegra Coach, the venue, and the Caterer. Entegra paid for dinners for every empty seat in the house.

By charging a nominal fee, which is well south of the actual per seat cost, each reservation is given motivation to attend. I hope you will all attend and help celebrate the Entegra Family, share a good meal and enjoy the fellowship of the evening.

If you are offended by the term "Customer Appreciation" after paying a required fee, you will vote with your feet and your message to Entegra will be clear.

Medarda and I will attend, and have already paid for our reservations. I hope you will all join us for a very nice evening.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association

Ann n Gene 08-23-2017 01:47 PM

Understand the no show problem Pat, but I am going to have to disagree on this one. That is the cost of doing business. JMHO but to me this is another sign of cheapening the brand. Much like the new interior on the 2018 Cornerstones.

MRUSA14 08-23-2017 02:25 PM

I'm with Pat on this one. The small charge is a pittance,
the camaraderie is priceless, and we owe Entegra some loyalty to compliment the loyalty they have shown us by providing what I believe is an excellent ownership experience. If that were not true, or if it ceases to be so, then I will reassess. But right now I am a satisfied Entegra customer and I have signed up for the dinner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmpbauer (Post 3767346)
It's not too often I weigh in on discussions like this, however Medarda and I noticed quite a number of empty seats last year. Entegra had to stop taking reservations because they were full under Fire Marshall restrictions. Almost all of those empty seats were no-shows...folks who made reservations and then didn't cancel their reservation when they couldn't attend.

Courtesy is a two-way street, and I suspect sometimes we forget there is a cost and a contract between Entegra Coach, the venue, and the Caterer. Entegra paid for dinners for every empty seat in the house.

By charging a nominal fee, which is well south of the actual per seat cost, each reservation is given motivation to attend. I hope you will all attend and help celebrate the Entegra Family, share a good meal and enjoy the fellowship of the evening.

If you are offended by the term "Customer Appreciation" after paying a required fee, you will vote with your feet and your message to Entegra will be clear.

Medarda and I will attend, and have already paid for our reservations. I hope you will all join us for a very nice evening.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association

seeg 08-23-2017 02:42 PM

How were the interiors of the new CS cheapened? Actually , I never liked the Bordello look of mirrors on the ceiling. I like the polished nickel better than the oiled bronze. Check the prices on that stuff. Furniture and driver passenger seat are much more comfortable than my 2015 Anthem. The Anthem drivers seat had me squirming after 2 hours. Theater seating is great. The new Spartan control screen is much better. Macerator and hose works well even w/ my 15 year old primarily responsible for dumping, no problems whatsoever. I'd also echo Pat's comments in an earlier thread; no major issues and the minor ones easily corrected. QC is much better but still I had a drawer latch and bay door latch to align. No heat problems with the xcite system. Entegra moved the innards to a new location. My only issue is a left view screen that locks up occasionally. A simple reboot cures the problem but it does reoccur. Cabinets look the same and I prefer the simpler styling of the interior trim. Vegatouch has had only one hiccup but that was cleared up with a call to Firefly. Consider me a happy 2018 owner.

brobox 08-23-2017 05:20 PM

Personally I would not have a problem paying for the dinner just to hear first hand what was taking place at Entegra. We drove all the way to Middlebury for the Ribbon cutting of the 2016 models for the same reason . The price of the dinner will be a lot less than the price of diesel if in the area. JMO

dave&ginny 08-23-2017 05:22 PM

Last Saturday we were in Kentucky and stopped at Youngblood RV. There we looked at the Cornerstone and the Anthem. Although I have a difficult time seeing the big price difference between the 2 levels, I thought the new Cornerstones looked better than the 2017.

I'm not sure what our schedule will be in January yet, but if we're there, we'll participate in the dinner. I always learn something during the Entegra events and I'm not going to let the cost of a meal bother me.

Surmotor 08-23-2017 05:52 PM

Last year I could not get dinner tickets whereas we just brought our Cornerstone in January now I hear some people who had tickets did not show up, maybe by charging a fee the people who really want to go can. Entegra surly can afford to pay for the dinner but when tickets go to waste they need to do something, give something away for free and people will abuse it. JMHO

brobox 08-23-2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surmotor (Post 3767730)
Last year I could not get dinner tickets whereas we just brought our Cornerstone in January now I hear some people who had tickets did not show up, maybe by charging a fee the people who really want to go can. Entegra surly can afford to pay for the dinner but when tickets go to waste they need to do something, give something away for free and people will abuse it. JMHO

X2! We were going to go on a short notice but told it was sold out. Very thoughtful of the "no shows "