iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   12 VOLT ELECTRICAL FUSING & WIRING, BIRD, B.I.M. SYSTEM's in your Newmar (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/12-volt-electrical-fusing-and-wiring-bird-b-i-m-systems-in-your-newmar-379149.html)

"007" 02-15-2018 09:50 PM

12 VOLT ELECTRICAL FUSING & WIRING, BIRD, B.I.M. SYSTEM's in your Newmar

I have links all over the place and I am going to put them in this thread, most are in QT'#3 and some in 1 & 2.
Links will have some pictures of members 12v power bays & fuse locations.
You will find these links with pictures will be in threads with people with problems most problems were solved with links I & others have been providing over the years.

This link for instants is for 2006-07 fuse and wiring and has been used by people with 1999 coach's, it has both gas and DP information, FUSING & CONTROL RELAYS

I will also move BIRD & B.I.M. wiring into this thread and links to battery change threads with people that had problems after changing their batteries.

If this thread works out I will run a new thread for 120v information later.
Most links will be open if anyone has pictures of their 12v wiring locations you may add to the appropriate time date location. Go to the end of that thread.

FOR STARTERS THIS LINK HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A FEW YEARS IF YOU MISSED IT, ITS ABOUT WIRING AND PLUMBING DIAGRAMS

GOOD INFORMATION PROVIDED ABOUT THE BATTERY CHARGING SYSTEM's

1997 LADP FUSE PANEL's ----- BIRD SYSTEM by RKins

FUSE LABELING 2003 MADP, 2004 MADP & 1999DSDP

FUSE & RELAY LOCATION 1999 MADP by Owert66 -- This link will prove to you that it may not be a fuse that is the problem all the time.

2002 KSDP FL CHASSIS NO POWER TO IGNITION SWITCH by noserider

2005 SPARTAN CHASSIS WIRING

FUSES & RELAYS 2008 MADP by Mainuh

NEWMAR ELECTRICAL FUSING & WIRING 2010--2011

2014 DSDP BIRD SYSTEM BATTERY CHARGING SYSTEM & OTHER WIRING SOLAR by DS DON

2015 CHARGING SYSTEM by C. MARTIN

B.I.M. INSTALLATION ON 2017 LA by lakebuster

MORE FUSING & WIRING NEWER COACH'S

VIDEO's ADDING & REMOVING FUSE PANEL's by Terry 735001

NEWMAR 12 VOLT BATTERY SYSTEMS BIRD -- B.I.M.--- SOLENOID INFO

CS & BS BIRD SYSTEM's

CS CHASSIS BATTERY CHARGING PROBLEM's by CC8375

CS&BS TWO ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS TOW & SOLAR by Wesslvn

THREAD FOR SOLENOID & BIRD SYSTEM IN GAS COACH

THREAD FOR SOLENOID & BIRD OR B.I.M. FOR DIESEL COACH

AND YET ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH CHASSIS BATTERY CHARGING PROBLEM

ALTERNATOR CHARGING PROBLEM ????

CLEANING UP A BATTERY TRAY by John "JFXG"

MEMBER HAS PROBLEM STARTING ENGINE & GEN AFTER CHANGING CHASSIS BATTERIES

ALL THE LINKS BELOW IN MY SIGNATURE HAVE ANSWERS FOR YOUR NEWMAR
====================

"007" 02-17-2018 11:37 AM

For those of you who may think this thread is not important to you, follow this members frustrations looking for a fuse because his dash switches did not work, camera, jacks, 12v lighter outlets etc,etc.
Answer to problem is in link.

cc8375 02-18-2018 07:24 AM

Thanks!!

Thanks!!

Charlie and Martha 02-19-2018 09:20 AM

Thank you!

rlott2k 02-19-2018 10:28 AM

Thanks! You da man!

"007" 02-19-2018 01:52 PM

Added more links cs & bs

Midwestman 08-23-2018 04:07 PM

It boggles my mind that Newmar will not supply a wiring diagram for the coach. They have them how else would they build them??? I talked to the service manager at a Newmar dealer and asked if I could get a copy from him. He said "We don't have any, we just have to trace it out." Amazing!!!

spinn 08-24-2018 12:19 AM

As frustrating as finding a blown fuse can be it can be just as frustrating to find a relay laying on the floor of your electrical bay!! I took a picture of the bay to ensure I had plan for that happening again.
Taking a picture of all the fuse boxes (and the legends) will help you go the the correct fuse panel if one blows

turbopilot 08-24-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midwestman (Post 4362547)
It boggles my mind that Newmar will not supply a wiring diagram for the coach. They have them how else would they build them??? I talked to the service manager at a Newmar dealer and asked if I could get a copy from him. He said "We don't have any, we just have to trace it out." Amazing!!!

Every time I hear Newmar say there are no electrical schematics I must post the mission statement of the company:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/Ne...34-57_PM-S.jpg

RBHLH 10-25-2018 08:03 AM

Where can I download a charging wiring diagram for a 2008 Dutch Star 425 Cummins.

Chassis stopped charging mid trip, had to run generator to get home.

Thanks for your help.

"007" 10-25-2018 06:16 PM

The links top of this thread should have a answer for your problem.
#1 --- #2
This thread comes from this link with info for items in your coach.
Your coach will have the BIRD System not the B.I.M. Unit, read all links supplied.
Your alternator should be charging your chassis batteries when your driving coach and when on shore power BIRD WILL BE CHARGING YOUR HOUSE BATTERIES than switch to chassis batteries after the house are fully charged.
If your dry camping Gen has to run to charge batteries started by you or a AGS to start Gen when battery voltages drop below set point before they become discharged.
Normally the Gen starts from the chassis batteries. AGS INFO CAN BE FOUND IN QT'S # 3 LINK BELOW.