iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Air Bags not inflating after manual dump (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f26/air-bags-not-inflating-after-manual-dump-383414.html)

jimrf 03-20-2018 02:53 PM

Air Bags not inflating after manual dump

Hi -- I stored my Ventana 3709 this winter and when doing so:

I did NOT deploy the leveling jacks, so they are in the up position.
I did a Manual Dump on the Air Bags. I was told by a 16 wheeler owner that it is best to manually dump the air bags when storing for a long period of time.

I went to the coach the other day and started it up and let it run for a good 15 minutes or so and the air bags never filled. Is this an issue or do I need to do something like deploy the jacks and then pull them back up?

Or any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Jim

garykk 03-20-2018 04:07 PM

You don’t mention the type of leveling system you have. If you have a cancel button hit that, then hit the travel button.
Do the jacks work? Is there power to the leveling panel?

Rambeau 03-20-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garykk (Post 4095067)
You donít mention the type of leveling system you have. If you have a cancel button hit that, then hit the travel button.
Do the jacks work? Is there power to the leveling panel?

Try pushing the store button on the jack control panel

819 03-20-2018 05:42 PM

I have the pic of a rabbit on mine to manually fill, or have to release my parking brake.

surcy 03-21-2018 05:16 AM

I had the same issue on a 16 Tiffin Phaeton after a manual dump. A service tech told me to cycle the ignition 3 times for a reset. Did this, and bags inflated.

Lt Dan 03-21-2018 07:59 AM

It's a case of the suspension dump valve sticking open. Mine has done that a couple of times after being in storage for a while. Cycling through the Auto Store and Manual Dump routines a couple of times along with fast idle clears it up. I understand that the valve needs about 65psi for it to activate, so a fast idle to get the pressure up a bit may be necessary.

anakin 03-21-2018 01:13 PM

Did you hit the switch to inflate the airbags. Not sure what the labels are on your switch. Mine are "Auto" and "Dump". With the switch in "Dump", and the transmission in neutral, no attempt is made to inflate the airbags.

barnegatepic 03-21-2018 08:04 PM

Not sure what year is yours but i have a 2017 and I dd the same thing. All i had to do is raise the jacks although they were not extended and then they began to fill

garykk 03-22-2018 09:31 AM

So OP, what became of your problem??

jimrf 03-22-2018 01:21 PM

Hi,

First, thank you all so very much for your suggestions. My issue now is that we received 6 inches of snow inhibiting my ability to get to the coach and try these out. :mad:

As soon as we get a couple of warm days, I really hope I am not dreaming and Spring is coming, I plan on getting to the coach and trying out a couple of yours suggestions.

Will post the outcome when the snow melts and I can get working.

Thanks again,

Jim

ziaptrn 03-22-2018 10:05 PM

Air Bags after Manual Dump

We just had the exact same thing happen - stopped overnight, deflated bags (dump on panel) but didn't extend jacks.
In morning on departure I thought "gosh, the system aired up quickly". Got about 500' and realized that something was WAY wrong.
Thought about it a second, and pressed the "Store" button. Tank pressures dropped suddenly as air bags filled, then off we went.
I've tested this a couple of times since, and the behavior is consistently the same. Now, I just have to remember to press "Store" whether or not the jacks themselves were lowered. Problem solved.
Hope yours is too.

ftodaro 03-25-2018 07:31 PM

On my rig after a manual dump, and after I have stored the jacks, I have to release the park brake for a moment and the bags will fill. So i hit the Park brake off and then put it back on till the bags air up.

jimrf 03-26-2018 02:21 PM

fixed.

Started the coach, released the Air Brake/Parking Brake and then put the Air Brake/Parking Brake back on and after about 2 minutes the air bags filled.

Thank you to everyone that replied. Really appreciated.

Jim

jimrf 03-26-2018 02:24 PM

Ok.

Now another question. After filling the air bags I left them filled, any idea on a timeframe for storing/parking the coach with the air bags inflated?

Thanks again,

Jim