iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   RV Treatment for the black tank......... (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/rv-treatment-for-the-black-tank-392671.html)

araucano 05-21-2018 02:21 PM

RV Treatment for the black tank.........

Thank you for your previous replies:
I have bought some Comco RV treatment for the black water tank,they claim that by adding 2 oz of it,it will keep the tank deodorized for a max of 1 week.I'm alone and I can go for three week before I empty the tank,by then as I empty it ,the content smells really bad.Is there any thing natural,such as vinegar,baking soda
that would mask the smell?
As usual your suggestions are much appreciated,araucano.:confused:

A32Deuce 05-21-2018 03:07 PM

I use Blue Streak. Does a good job in my book. Have been using for about 5 years now. bluestreakchem.com

TonyDi 05-21-2018 03:21 PM

I have been using Happy Camper for years and never had an issue with bad smells. Many of us in here use it and like it.

Happy Campers-Odorless-RV Holding Tank Treatment for Black and Grey Water Tanks

The extreme version does a great job on neglected tanks with build ups in them.

Bug 05-22-2018 03:00 PM

Do the contents smell from the discharge area when you are dumping it or does the inside of the coach smell after 3 weeks?

keymastr 05-22-2018 06:21 PM

If your sewer hose is connected to the campground drain there should be no smell. No amount of chemical will keep sewage from smelling like what it is. If the seals and vents are working properly there should not be any smell.

ByeTheWay 05-22-2018 06:37 PM

I use nothing. Rinse your tank so that you get rid of all those ordor causing chemicals. That is about as natural as you can get.

Dropthejacks 05-22-2018 07:06 PM

It's poo, it's gonna smell. I'd be dumping about once a week if I were you. Just because you can make it three weeks, doesn't mean you need to let things "pile up" for three weeks.

Podivin 05-22-2018 07:14 PM

If you can smell it in your RV then you've got a different problem than a stinky black tank. If everything is sealed and working correctly you shouldn't be able to smell it.
If it smells when emptying the tank, there's nothing you can do about that, it's sewage, it'll stink.

bob caldwell 05-22-2018 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This worksAttachment 203877

Cat320 05-24-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keymastr (Post 4203273)
If your sewer hose is connected to the campground drain there should be no smell. No amount of chemical will keep sewage from smelling like what it is. If the seals and vents are working properly there should not be any smell.

Agree. All that stuff they sell to make the black tank smell better is a waste of money. It's the black tank...who cares what it smells like? If properly installed and vented there will be no odor. When flushing use plenty of water.

bob caldwell 05-24-2018 12:04 PM

If you're black tank valve stays open, you'll get 'smells'.....the air admidence valve is still connected to tank...

MSHappyCampers 05-24-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyDi (Post 4201053)
I have been using Happy Camper for years and never had an issue with bad smells. Many of us in here use it and like it.

X2! Been using it since 2000 with no odors! :dance:

Blufox 05-24-2018 01:42 PM

From day one, one gallon of water and one cup of Dawn. Do this between stops and never worry about odor or the cleanliness of the inside of the tank.
Cost saving with good benefits.

dennis45 05-24-2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyDi (Post 4201053)

I'm with Tony, HC is the best, most cost effective product you will find. I've also used it for years and Never have odour or sensor problems with my holding tanks. :thumb: :thumb: