iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Campfire smoke! (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/campfire-smoke-397192.html)

Rimoskeeto 06-19-2018 04:58 PM

Campfire smoke!

Hi, we are in South Carolina now,it is 95 degrees right now! If you can believe it people around us have smoldering campfires,not cooking campfires just fires! Very high humidity so the smoke hugs the ground! Have job related asthma and cannot even go out to enjoy the outdoors because of these (campers)! Why canít campgrounds have no fires areas,yes I know you canít control the winds,but it would be better than sitting in smoke!

Wizard 06-19-2018 05:06 PM

Sometimes when you camp, you just have to put up with other campers likes or leave.
There is campgrounds that do not allow campfires.

tfryman 06-19-2018 05:09 PM

Campfires are mandatory when camping, not so much for glamping.

SarahW 06-19-2018 05:13 PM

It is warm for campfires, but if they are allowed in the campground then sorry, you'll have to adapt. If you feel your health is at risk, then you will need to find a campground that doesn't allow fires.

hohenwald48 06-19-2018 06:42 PM

Given a choice I'll take the burn ban any day. We usually stay in RV resorts and usually limits the exposure to campfires but sometimes you just get caught. I don't like it but I'm not moving at midnight either. Fires are on of the reasons we shy away from state and national park CG's unless in areas with a burn ban.

I really hate when folks think their campfire is a good place to burn the trash and left over chicken.

brobox 06-19-2018 06:46 PM

Easy fix is to stay at RV Resorts that do not have fire pits.

momdoc 06-19-2018 07:29 PM

Sorry but campfires are part of our camping life and one of the reasons we avoid "RV parking lot resorts". We go out of our way to find NP, state parks, COE and city parks. In fact a campfire last night and tonight as well.

Mudfrog 06-19-2018 08:20 PM

Campfires are a big part of the experience for us. We find ourselves, along with friends and family, sitting and talking around them a lot of the time we're camping.

At the same time, I have forgone starting campfires when I knew the wind was blowing straight into someone else' campsite. I've actually put the fire out a few times when I noticed its smoke was heading straight to someone's front door.

FatChance 06-19-2018 08:34 PM

Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

NLOVNIT 06-19-2018 08:44 PM

I've had campfires going when it's over 90-degrees at night. It's just part of the camping/RV-ing experience. Didn't matter I had to sit WAY over on my patio so I could plug in a small fan to blow on me.;)

Unfortunately, the only way to avoid campfires is, as others have suggested, to stay in parks that don't allow them.

Lori-

60sumtin 06-19-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatChance (Post 4249831)
Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

:laugh: Wow, childhood flashback. :laugh:

jfoldesi 06-19-2018 09:06 PM

Love our propane fire pit. Can even use it during burn bans.

sdennislee 06-19-2018 09:12 PM

Love campfires, not sure about one this time of year, so hot here in Tampa.

My neighbor just bout a new fire pit, I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt that he bought in June at 97 degrees because it was on sale.

If the park allows camp fires not much you can do but move to another park without camp fires. They are an integral part of camping.

TJDave 06-19-2018 09:17 PM

Campfires are a part of camping. The grandkids preparing smores make them that much better. We don't burn green wood, so tons of billowing smoke is rarely a problem. We don't have fires when the wind is blowing either.
It's getting close to burn ban season here in the PNW, and the weather is starting to heat up. When that happens, we bring the propane fire pit. Gotta have a fire while camping, not so much while RV Parking.;)