iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   iRV2.com General Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Indoor winter storage and sub letting storage bay? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/indoor-winter-storage-and-sub-letting-storage-bay-397361.html)

Unicorn Driver 06-20-2018 09:07 PM

Indoor winter storage and sub letting storage bay?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I am currently renting the storage bay in the below photo for 50$ a month.

As I live in Michigan we do not use our coach during the winter. With my old 35ft class A we used to leave it in this bay over the winter. New coach is 38ft and sticks out fairly far.

I have an option to store my coach indoors from end of October to mid April for 500$, issue is I need to keep paying for the outside storage to keep it. I am definitley going to store it indoors for the winter.

I spoke to the storage manager and he said technically sub letting is not allowed but he knows of folks with small TT's who would be interested and as I am a long term customer and pay for the year (get one month free) he will allow it.

Is the 250$ a year worth the hassle of sub letting?

What do folks think?

Attachment 207924

CampFire Junkies 06-20-2018 09:19 PM

Indoor winter storage and sub letting storage bay?

Well worth it... we use indoor lime cave storage in KC for 3 to 4 months depending on weather. Our cost is slightly over $100 a month. Donít have to wonterize as temp is 60* year round in caves...

Unicorn Driver 06-20-2018 09:21 PM

I am definitley going to pay for the indoor storage. Do you think its worth sub letting the storage bay?

Unicorn Driver 06-20-2018 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just found the photo of my old coach in the bay.
[ATTACH]

biggcrisp 06-21-2018 08:15 AM

Sounds like a win-win if you sub let. Your winter storage cost is halved and someone else gets overhead cover. The owner gets paid anyway.

C.B. 06-21-2018 10:09 AM

Here's a comparison.

Inside storage for 6 1/2 months by me would cost you $747.50+tax.

C.B.

Unicorn Driver 06-21-2018 11:22 AM

Thanks all,

Both places will cost me 1080$ a year, getting thst doen to 830$ would be nice :-)

mobilemike 06-21-2018 11:32 AM

Sub-letting is fine but you have to be very specific with terms and in writing. You dont want to have to evict a sub from your spot.

BPoland 06-21-2018 12:04 PM

We pay more for our year round indoor storage. But they also wash the coach when I bring it back (and before I pick it up again), check and set the air in the tires to my spec, turn on the fridge, wash the front side windows and windshield and plug it in to 50 amp service 24 hours prior to pickup and fill the water tank and propane ($$) when asked. It is also plugged into 20amp service 24/7. It is expensive, but worth it IMHO. Our coach is almost 5 years old and still looks like it did when I brought her home from Florida. They also run the engine and generator monthly. If I need it taken some place local for service, they will deliver it. It's all part of the monthly rent. They do offer a price break if you sign a lease for 6 months at a time, and another if you pay in advance. Storage never gets below 50 degrees and only they can drive the rigs in the building. Seems funny to see my little Bay Star next to a Prevost or Essex. They also have secure outdoor storage, but I'm happy where it's at.

Unicorn Driver 06-21-2018 09:57 PM

Hi Mike,

I think the managee will deal with the sub let for me. Only issue is I NJ need my summer bay back in mid April so that might put potential sub letters off.

Hi Bpoland,

That sure sounds like a really nice setup you have.