iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   MH-General Discussions & Problems (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/)
-   -   EEZ TPMS - Poor CS (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/eez-tpms-poor-cs-402199.html)

Traxless 07-20-2018 04:59 PM

EEZ TPMS - Poor CS

This morning one (1) of the sensors on our MH failed to register with the monitor. This same sensor failed to register a month ago. So I replaced the battery with a new battery and re-registered the sensor for that tire. About 15 minutes later, the monitor showed all dashes (----) for that tire. We stopped, removed the sensor and checked the tire pressure. TP was good. I replaced the sensor and it registered with the monitor, but once again after about 15 minutes, the sensor reading was all dashes for that tire.

While fueling a while later, I removed and replaced this sensor and once again it registered only to fail again.

I've placed two (2) batteries in this sensor in the last 30 days.

Since our EEZ T515 TPMS is still under warranty, I called EEZ customer service. They suggested I swap batteries with another sensor and see if the problem persists. While opening the problem sensor, the antenna wire was loose. So I called EEZ CS and they suggested I try to solder the wire back into place since a loose antenna wire is not covered in their warranty.

I said this loose wire may have been why the sensor was failing while driving but working while stationary. CS was not interested in helping me. So I can attempt to solder the antenna wire back into place or order a new sensor EVEN THOUGH my TPMS system is still under warranty.

I regret buying this product.

CountryB 07-20-2018 05:09 PM

What do the warranty terms state is covered and not covered? If you don't have those ask CS to send you a copy showing where the antenna is not covered. I think the CS agent you spoke to if full of BS.

BTW - I have that same TPMS (although it came with coach - bought by PO) and thankfully have not had any issues with it.

hayward3411 07-20-2018 05:11 PM

Sorry to hear about your poor customer service, my experience has been quite the opposite. They have replaced the main unit and 1 sensor, no questions asked.

Charles L 07-20-2018 07:14 PM

My dealing with eez has been good

I think it is a small operation with few employees.

CJ7365 07-20-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles L (Post 4302635)
I think it is a small operation with few employees.

OK, so it does not require that much man power to put the OPs new sensor in a padded bag and mail it to him.

OP, i would try to call again, and tell them to show you in writing where the warranty does not cover soldering, sounds like some BS to me.

I would solder the wire myself and when the replacement sensor comes have it as a back up.

manderson2228 07-20-2018 08:34 PM

I own one of these, and wouldn't buy one again. This story not even factoring in, the batteries go quickly, and I don't like how the screen rotates between the tires so you have to stare at it for awhile to get all the read outs.

Traxless 07-20-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manderson2228 (Post 4302735)
I own one of these, and wouldn't buy one again. This story not even factoring in, the batteries go quickly, and I don't like how the screen rotates between the tires so you have to stare at it for awhile to get all the read outs.

Hello Mike. Are you using a TPMS and if so, could you share with me the product?

Traxless 07-20-2018 09:08 PM

Thanks Forum People for your guidance and suggestions. I've written a letter to one of the company's owner's whose name is Tom Robertson (I think). If he's not an owner, he'll know the owners. I've explained our situation as described above and said that I believe EEZ should honor their warranty on this sensor. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, we've soldered the antenna back onto the sensor and it seems to be working while the MH is stable. We'll see what happens when we drive it for a few miles.

If EEZ doesn't honor the warranty, we probably buy a replacement sensor from them which rubs me the wrong way. However, we've grown accustomed to the peace of mind of having a TPMS for the MH and Toad. If parts continue to fail or the if the monitor fails, we certainly buy a new TPMS from some other company.

Charles L 07-21-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manderson2228 (Post 4302735)

Use the button to advance. I can view all 8 tires in 30 seconds or less.

manderson2228 07-21-2018 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traxless (Post 4302789)
Hello Mike. Are you using a TPMS and if so, could you share with me the product?

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Except with the older black screen, I just bought it last year. It also frequently has a problem with the power cable rattling out.

manderson2228 07-21-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles L (Post 4304116)
Use the button to advance. I can view all 8 tires in 30 seconds or less.

That all works of course, if your not doing 70. I'd have to lean too far forward to get to it and it's not safe. I'd much prefer to see all read outs for all tires at a glance especially while driving.

firedoc 07-21-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manderson2228 (Post 4304297)
That all works of course, if your not doing 70. I'd have to lean too far forward to get to it and it's not safe. I'd much prefer to see all read outs for all tires at a glance especially while driving.

Are there any on the market that does that?

Poohbear7278 07-21-2018 08:53 PM

No need to read the pressures, once you set your parameters it will alarm and then flash the problem tire, you donít need to stare at it.

SarahW 07-21-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poohbear7278 (Post 4304437)
No need to read the pressures, once you set your parameters it will alarm and then flash the problem tire, you donít need to stare at it.

:thumb: