iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   RV Systems & Appliances (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   RV washer/dryer (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/rv-washer-dryer-40945.html)

stewed 10-28-2008 07:09 AM

RV washer/dryer

We're new to RVing and just purchased an Excel 35RLO and are interesed in adding a washer/ dryer. Any suggestions? What works well....what doesn't? Thanks for your help.

LarryGodby 10-28-2008 07:47 AM

We have separate washer and dryer in our unit and love them. We have heard through our friends that the combo units have smaller capacities and don't wash or dry as well. HTH

BigSkyBob 10-28-2008 09:13 AM

We had CW install the Splendide Ariston model stacked washer and dryer and to date it's worked perfectly. We can wash and dry clothes at the same time which isn't a big deal for us since we are retired, but it gets the task completed all that much sooner. The washer spins the clothes at such a high speed that a full load will dry in 50 minutes even though the dryer is 115 volt. Being vented to the outside is a must IMHO.

MaverickBBD 10-28-2008 09:35 AM

If you have the room go with a stackable. Vented to the outside is a MUST. These are high efficiency units and the washers take a special kind of low sudsing detergent. We installed the Splendide 2002 and DW loves it.

LindaH 10-28-2008 11:51 AM

I agree with MaverickBBD...go with 2 separate units if you have the room.

We ordered the factory-installed washer and dryer when we ordered our Excel and it came with a front-load Whirlpool washer and a Whirlpool dryer. It has almost as much capacity as the front-load washer and dryer we had in our sticks and bricks...I can wash both king size sheets plus 4 pillow cases in the same load.

Jim & Bona 10-29-2008 04:20 AM

Ditto to what LindaH said. We have the factory installed Whirlpool units and are glad we did it. Whatever you do, go with the outside vent and don't forget the High Efficiency detergent (Tide HE for us).

Happy travels.

LindaH 10-29-2008 09:49 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim & Bona:
and don't forget the High Efficiency detergent (Tide HE for us). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not really necessary to use HE detergent...you just have to watch the amount you use of *regular* detergent.

rockintom 10-29-2008 02:40 PM

We don't worry about all this "washing and drying your clothes" stuff. Maybe that's why my britches are so droooopppppy! Ain't that right Virg. End of http://irv2.infopop.cc/images/sign0018.gif I PROMISE! SirRockyWash

RVThere 10-29-2008 03:35 PM

My wife swears by her Splendide combo. She likes the fact that she can put in a load and leave for the day. It washes and then drys with no switching from one machine to the other.

rockintom 10-29-2008 05:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RVThere:
My wife swears by her Splendide combo. She likes the fact that she can put in a load and leave for the day. It washes and then drys with no switching from one machine to the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And everything is wrinkle free....right?

Happymi 10-31-2008 12:56 PM

Ditto with Linda H.

I have no problems with the Whirlpool front loader and separate dryer. I wash and dry king size sheets as well and I use the extra high spin cycle. I do use the low suds liquid detergent.

Vent to the outside, a must.

I heard from a few RV'ers that they did not like the combination washer and dryer.

Happymi

moisheh 10-31-2008 02:19 PM

Our last unit had a combo umit. A real PIA. Our new unit has the stacked Splendide and we love it. We were on a 6 week vacation and only used a laundromat for washing our king size sheets. BTW : Neither Whirlpool or Splendide manufacture those units. Just branded that way.

GaryKD 10-31-2008 03:08 PM

The choice of combo or stacked might depend on how one spends their time. I am not in the coach much, when stopped at a CG. Their are too many sights to see in the area. This is why I chose the combo unit. For my style of RVing it is perfect.

To rockintom, yes the close do come our wrinkle free. All one needs to do is follow the instructions.

don leen 01-13-2009 07:02 AM

just added a combo unit and love it i got a new dented unit for 750.00 from colaw salvage in joplin mo.