iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Entegra Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Dish Question (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/dish-question-410792.html)

wnytaxman 09-12-2018 02:39 PM

Dish Question
 
We are generally not big TV folks and haven't even turned on all the TV's but with a trip pending we may be ready to use our Dish Antenna. My question is what equipment do I buy? We have Fios at home so the equipment will be RV only.

Dale & Mark Bruss 09-12-2018 02:51 PM

There are so many threads on this subject in this forum already. You didn't say full-time or part-time.

Assuming part-time, a Dish Wally with a dome antenna on a Pay-As-You-Go plan.

BillJinOR 09-12-2018 02:52 PM

Dish Question
 
Is the antenna designed for dish network or directv or both? That would determine the advice.
If itís dish network a Wally tuner about 80 bucks online and a ďoutdoor tvĒ pay as you go dish plan .
We arenít pay as you go but use a basic flex pac and add packages , hbo, sports, local, news pac etc as we need and drop or add as we need.

wnytaxman 09-12-2018 03:17 PM

We had them convert the Wingard to Dish from Direct. We will only be using the coach on a sporadic basis. We'll be at Spartan for training in October and then on the road for ten days or so. We thought we might actually turn the TV's on once and a while when we travel. I wouldn't want to miss another fabulous performance by the Buffalo Bills like they had last week.

I know there have been other threads about this in the past but I wasn't sure if the equipment was still the same or if it has changed since the last thread.

Butte64 09-12-2018 03:22 PM

Wally and pay for the months you use.

vsheetz 09-12-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnytaxman (Post 4397723)
We had them convert the Wingard to Dish from Direct. We will only be using the coach on a sporadic basis. We'll be at Spartan for training in October and then on the road for ten days or so. We thought we might actually turn the TV's on once and a while when we travel. I wouldn't want to miss another fabulous performance by the Buffalo Bills like they had last week.

I know there have been other threads about this in the past but I wasn't sure if the equipment was still the same or if it has changed since the last thread.

Wally receiver.
Pay as you go subscription.

wnytaxman 09-12-2018 03:43 PM

Do you get one Wally which will handle all four TV's or do you need a Wally for each TV?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but we haven't used satellite TV in years and years so it's all pretty new to us.

brobox 09-12-2018 03:45 PM

I also upgraded from a 211k to a Wally, $79 on Amazon. Nice and small and a much better HD picture than the older 211's. Pay as you go is about as simple as it gets with no contracts. I have had both services and switched back to DISH as they were much more RV friendly for me.

wnytaxman 09-12-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brobox (Post 4397770)
I also upgraded from a 211k to a Wally, $79 on Amazon. Nice and small and a much better HD picture than the older 211's. Pay as you go is about as simple as it gets with no contracts. I have had both services and switched back to DISH as they were much more RV friendly for me.


Does one Wally handle all four TV's? I wasn't sure if we needed to get four or one or what?

Dale & Mark Bruss 09-12-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnytaxman (Post 4397767)
Do you get one Wally which will handle all four TV's or do you need a Wally for each TV?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but we haven't used satellite TV in years and years so it's all pretty new to us.

Depends on the wiring to the TVs. If there are HDMI cables (I doubt) than a HDMI splitter could allow one Wally to drive 4 TVs.

4 TVs and not "generally not big TV folks" is not consistent.

brobox 09-12-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnytaxman (Post 4397781)
Does one Wally handle all four TV's? I wasn't sure if we needed to get four or one or what?

Handles all 4 TV's and with the IR remote even works outside, which the 211 would not do. You can purchase additional remotes for under $20. on ebay. The new 54 remote has voice feature if connected to the internet. Another nice feature of the 54 is it is back lighted. I am going to upgrade all of my remotes, S&B and MH to the 54's. A 4 pack can be purchased for under $60.

If you want different channels on different TV's, that would require additional Wally's. We do fine with one Wally and over that air antenna.

wnytaxman 09-12-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss (Post 4397788)
Depends on the wiring to the TVs. If there are HDMI cables (I doubt) than a HDMI splitter could allow one Wally to drive 4 TVs.

4 TVs and not "generally not big TV folks" is not consistent.

Dale, lol, that's the way the rig came. I didn't count the two other TV's in the bunks which I think only hook up to the DVR's. Right now I'm just trying to figure out what equipment I may need. When my in laws come with us I know we will have to have all the non-bunk TV's functioning.

BillJinOR 09-12-2018 04:03 PM

Dish Question
 
Generally you would want a tuner ( Wally ) at ea TV. You can adapt the Wally composite to coax for just a few bucks and send to as many TVs as there are cable going to them. But itís std definition.
4 tvís .. wow Iím a avid tv watcher and I have two .. Iím jealous [emoji6][emoji106]

brobox 09-12-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJinOR (Post 4397800)
Generally you would want a tuner ( Wally ) at ea TV. You can adapt the Wally composite to coax for just a few bucks and send to as many TVs as there are cable going to them. But itís std definition.
4 tvís .. wow Iím a avid tv watcher and I have two .. Iím jealous [emoji6][emoji106]

Entegra's come prewired for all 4 TV's to be in HD with only one receiver. Might be time for an upgrade in MH's :laugh:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.