iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   New Aire Owners. What tire pressure are you running? (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/new-aire-owners-what-tire-pressure-are-you-running-416742.html)

Gonna_Wander 10-23-2018 09:12 AM

New Aire Owners. What tire pressure are you running?

Now that there are a number of New Aire owners I was wondering what front and back tire pressure you have settled on. I know to have the coach weighed and that will impact what you should run at. However, it seems some set their pressure a bit on the lower side to improve ride.

So, if you own a New Aire, what have you settled on for tire pressure?

gremlin 10-23-2018 09:52 AM

You are correct your best option here is to weigh your rig front and rear all setup the way you use it (full of fuel, water, loaded with your gear) (ideally side to side as well) and then look at the chart provided by your tyre manufacturer and put in the appropriate cold pressure.

BuckyII 10-23-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonna_Wander (Post 4464349)
Now that there are a number of New Aire owners I was wondering what front and back tire pressure you have settled on. I know to have the coach weighed and that will impact what you should run at. However, it seems some set their pressure a bit on the lower side to improve ride.

So, if you own a New Aire, what have you settled on for tire pressure?

Great topic...will be interested in the responses.

When I did my FPU they did the 4 corner weigh and set my tire pressures at: Front: 105, Rear: 90

We put on about 6,000 miles at those pressures and the coach drove beautifully.

Recently, I had the Freightliner 6,000 mile service performed at North Trail and while driving home the coach drove very different...felt like I was all over the road.

When I got home, I checked the service report and saw they had changed the tire pressures to: Front: 120, Rear: 110.

I think my "sweet spot" is at or near the original pressures set at the factory, but will be interested to see what others are experiencing.

turbopilot 10-23-2018 01:28 PM

My NA weighs around 35,500 lbs configured for a trip with all fluids full. Based on those weights I run pressures 100 front and 90 rear.

Majority of my driving is in the desert southwest, so depending on the time of year with tire heating my "running pressures" will be 10 to 15 psi higher than the cold pressures. The front tires will tend to heat up a little more since those carry more weight per tire than any of the tires in the rear.

Obviously running pressures will vary widely depending on outside temperature, speed and road surface but when it comes to handling the "running pressure" is the metric that governs. I have temperature sensors on each tire. It is interesting to watch the temperature changes (and thus the pressures changes) with road surface. Moving from a concrete highway to a fresh (very black) asphalt highway will raise tire temperatures significantly on hot days.

Ann n Gene 10-23-2018 01:54 PM

My 2019 weighs 35500 loaded and per Michelin chart we run 100 in front and 90 in back. Rides and handles great.

WardSimmons 10-23-2018 09:20 PM

At our one-year chassis service at Freightliner in Gaffney, our weight was 33,880 (12,710 front and 21,170 rear). Based on this, they recommend 105 for the front and 95 for the rear, and based on the Michelin inflation chart I agree.

We reduced the inflation three times from initial pick-up, and each time it improved the ride. Now it seems right, and the handling has improved dramatically.

cinergi 10-24-2018 11:08 AM

12,400 front; 21,060 back.
FCCC Recommended: 90-95 PSI front; 85-90 PSI back.

That was before I went full time so I weigh a bit more than that now (not that much).