iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   2 days of driving in the rain, pegboard is soaked[emoji51] 18 DS 4369 (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2-days-of-driving-in-the-rain-pegboard-is-soaked-emoji51-18-ds-4369-a-416816.html)

Stuart W 10-23-2018 06:47 PM

2 days of driving in the rain, pegboard is soaked[emoji51] 18 DS 4369

Two days of driving on rain soaked roads-soaked pegboard. Have you ever heard of this before[emoji6]

FLJOE 10-23-2018 07:36 PM

Does it have something to do with driving in rain or could it be unrelated and have something to do with your Oasis or some plumbing leak/issue?

Spk64 10-23-2018 07:39 PM

It has been brought up a few times here. I think Nealc was also dealing with it.
Here is a recent thread.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/wate...ay-399667.html

ptw 10-24-2018 06:43 AM

We had some wheel well water leak problems. Nappanee fixed it using their recently purchased fog (smoke?) machine. All leaks are stopped!

Water can accumulate on top of the fresh water tank and go any direction from there. Lots of places to leak with all the wiring, frame and hose penetrations into the basement.

NealC 10-24-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart W (Post 4465099)
Two days of driving on rain soaked roads-soaked pegboard. Have you ever heard of this before[emoji6]

Yep, I had it, it is too common. It's water intrusion via the wheel wells. Newmar spent a good 1-2 days installing plastic deflectors and sealing them with sikaflex most likely. There are probably other fixes such as spray foam, etc.

JMH 10-24-2018 07:53 AM

Yep, pretty common. The wheel wells and the drains in the bottom rails of the FWS both can drain water all over the coach.

ptw 10-24-2018 10:59 AM

If you got a lot of water in, you may want to think about where the water went. Depending how the bottom pan is sealed, it could accumulate there.

"007" 10-24-2018 01:58 PM

This use to happen on some older coach's 2000 years used fiber tape in seams of wheel well corners than spray with the black rubberized paint, stopped water from entering the coach compartments.

GaryKD 10-24-2018 05:49 PM

Hi Stuart W,
Without going to Nappenee, consider trying this.
1. Wire brush the entire wheel well.
2. Order wheel well liners from Newmar.
3. Get a bunch of black Flex Seal spray cans. Follow the instructions on the can.
4. Put at least 3 solid coats of Flex Seal on all parts of the wheel well.
5. Install the wheel well liner on the wheel well.

This should stop all water intrusion from the rear wheels. Flex Seal does the sealing. The wheel liner makes the water drop verticaly instead of slinging with force into small openings in the coach.

"007" 10-24-2018 06:17 PM

GaryKD has many MOD's in his back ground scroll back and forth in this long list of them.

willipaul 10-25-2018 03:43 AM

i had this fixed by a local repair shop....when i picked up my coach in FL, one hour on the road, i hit rain for 6 hrs....stopped for the night, and had wet pegboard, and also, water running out of the pans in the underbelly......i parked on an angle, with the passengers side nose a little low, and the water would come out....level, it would not....wanted newmar to fix the underbelly, as it is a big job, but had the local shop do the pegboard and wet bay....you can't really tell if water is getting into the wet bay, but i am willing to bet it is....i had them fix both sides....newmar agreed to the repair under warranty....

so, my coach is in nappanee right now for warranty fixes, and the big one they are working on, is dropping the pans, removing soaked insulation, repairing the rust, rustproofing, repainting, re-insulating, re-installing the pans, and re-sealing.....when they dropped the pans, they had to let it sit inside for a day to dry out, before they could continue, it was that wet.....

they tell me it is a "frame rail leak" that they know about....hope they fix it permanently....

a friend had this issue on his 2016 43' ventana, and had newmar do the same repair....so it happens on several model years and models.....

check that area to see if you are ok there.....

FLSteve 10-25-2018 04:56 AM

Has anybody had this issue on a 2019 model or did Newmar get it fixed?

FLSteve:popcorn:

GaryKD 10-25-2018 05:54 AM

Hi willipaul,
If you can make sure Newmar does what they say on this repair. Past experience has shown SOMETIMES Newmar "forgets" to remove all the soaked material, completely dry and then reinstall appropriately.

redbaron73 10-25-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLSteve (Post 4467044)
Has anybody had this issue on a 2019 model or did Newmar get it fixed?

FLSteve:popcorn:

I had leaks as you know, and specifically tested for frame, peg board, and water bay. Nothing from those areas. Engineering also tested those, and verified that the production changes are working as designed.

No one said this to me, but I felt like I was the first to actually drive in heavy rain and come back to newmar same day. I had a lot of attention, but the leak was limited to the fws seal.