iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Newmar Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Canít Make Up Mind (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/can-t-make-up-mind-416955.html)

dcamp123 10-24-2018 05:39 PM

Canít Make Up Mind

I keep going back and forth between ordering a Newmar 3408 and an Allegro 34PA. We really love the floor plan in the 34PA but the 3408 would do us just fine. It appears Tiffin puts a little more into their gas coaches, at least more than two paint schemes. Napanee is only 5 hours from our home in northern Michigan whereas Red Bay is a 15 hour ride. Great dealer in Grand Rapids for the Newmar. We would have to go to Wausau Wisconsin for the Tiffin.
Price is very close, the 3408 is about $2,000 less based on comparable options. Your thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

"007" 10-24-2018 05:50 PM

Welcome to the forum and irv2.
If its Mid-Way one of the best Newmar dealers on our list.
Brochure -- Owners Guide
Information for Newmar Owners
Does the Tiffin have the FWS, Newmar had their first design back in 90's, with gas prices as they are, will save on travel miles which can be used for some other things for coach or home.
Good luck in your decision.

zzotte 10-24-2018 05:56 PM

Sounds to me that you already have :) just a rimender you are on the ďNewmar Owners forumĒ :) welcome to the family :thumb:

Zzotte

dcamp123 10-24-2018 06:07 PM

Just looking for information.

zzotte 10-24-2018 06:14 PM

You are on the right place, anything in particular you want to know ask away. I almost bought a Tiffin Allegro open road, I did not like the way the slides donít sit flush with body on that model, and then I so the Newmar and was love at first sight :)

Zzotte

Ernie. 10-24-2018 06:23 PM

You can change paint colors, interior fabric, cabinetry, and furniture options not shown. Newmar calls them specials. You pay extra for them, but in doing so you can make it "your" coach. You can add outlets, or choose a different satellite dish, these are just a few examples. These are in addition to the factory options.

Vanslam 10-24-2018 06:24 PM

This is easy...Newmar.

We_B_Tripn 10-24-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie. (Post 4466627)
You can change paint colors, interior fabric, cabinetry, and furniture options not shown. Newmar calls them specials. You pay extra for them, but in doing so you can make it "your" coach. You can add outlets, or choose a different satellite dish, these are just a few examples. These are in addition to the factory options.

This is a huge differentiator in my opinion. Our order had about fifteen various specials to make the coach just like we wanted.

There are a few options Tiffin offers I would have liked, primarily Sumo Springs, but Iíll take the build quality and better insulation. Plus I havenít felt the need to add any aftermarket suspension upgrades anyway.

Bill

Ernie. 10-24-2018 07:32 PM

I forgot to say this. I'm not a Newmar employee but I have seen one in a video on a TV.

Luv2go 10-24-2018 09:28 PM

We were very happy with our Newmar. Having said that in our opinion floorplan is everything. We could not find any other manufacturer with the floorplan we liked except Newmar. If you're not really happy with the Newmar floorplan and you buy it, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment every time you use it.

willipaul 10-25-2018 04:08 AM

agree on floorplan comments....

both coaches are quality.....built differently, but quality......

go for floorplan, IMHO

i had a tiffin phaeton, and sold it for a newmar for that very reason....if tiffin made a bath and a half bunkhouse tag axle model in a phaeton or allegro bus, i would prolly own one right now...

my phaeton was good to me...and my newmar has also been good to me.....

both had their usual first year issues, and things repaired / replaced under warranty....but that is true of any coach...

Tizbad 10-25-2018 10:16 AM

We just traded our Tiffin Zephyr in February for our Newmar Essex. Based on our experience and Customer Service both over the phone as well as at the factory (from both companies) go with Newmar. Newmar has excellent factory service should it be necessary, and their new facility is incredible compared to Red Bay.

ptw 10-25-2018 10:28 AM

We were also looking at both Tiffin and Newmar. We are very happy with our decision to go with the Newmar from Midway. We had great service in both places. Also, both Midway and Newmar are increasing the size of their service areas. We are in Ohio.

Dutch Star Don 10-25-2018 11:09 AM

I think it's a toss up when it comes to the two brands in the gas lineup. It's little things that tilt you one way or the other. The ability to customize ours was huge. They always say that you can only find a coach with about 80% of what yo really want. I think Newmar lets you push that percentage a little higher, by allowing things like paint, interior, cabinetry and wiring changes.