iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Alpine Coach Owner's Forum (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   2005 40FDQS Sale (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/2005-40fdqs-sale-422569.html)

Tom and Patty 12-07-2018 05:11 PM

2005 40FDQS Sale
 
1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know who might own this coach? 2005 silver and dark silver from Kenner LA. 23000 miles.

TMan59 12-08-2018 09:23 AM

Just looked that up.
That price is almost suspicious.
If itís the real deal, thatís a great deal imo.

Tom and Patty 12-08-2018 09:47 AM

Agreed. Especially when this POPs takes 10% or more. I'll make a call and get vin and CCC's.
The problem we are finding with a newer Alpines is that the CCC's are too low. especially the 40 footers. This one may be around 3.6K lbs. Patty and I never thought of that until we face-timed with a member who was considering selling his coach. After an hour and a half of going over the coach we saw the CCC chart. 1,900 lbs, and if I recall that was without water. Not enough for mostly full-timing. Saw a 2005 36FDTS but it's CCC was 2.7K.





Quote:

Originally Posted by TMan59 (Post 4533999)
Just looked that up.
That price is almost suspicious.
If itís the real deal, thatís a great deal imo.


Steve and Linda's APEX 12-08-2018 12:49 PM

Please explain CCCís. We are hunting for an Alpine and want to know as much as we can.

Tom and Patty 12-08-2018 01:24 PM

CCC is the "cargo carrying capacity" of the coach. Basically GVW minus the Unladen Vehicle weight (UVW) is NCC. CCC typically is rated after full water capacity weight, people at 154 lbs each and propane have been subtracted. On Alpines, the chart is found on an upper kitchen cabinet door.
This article explains it better.

How Much Stuff Can You Carry?



Quote:

Originally Posted by srm143ljm (Post 4534300)
Please explain CCCís. We are hunting for an Alpine and want to know as much as we can.


Steve and Linda's APEX 12-08-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom and Patty (Post 4534341)
CCC is the "cargo carrying capacity" of the coach. Basically GVW minus the Unladen Vehicle weight (UVW) is NCC. CCC typically is rated after full water capacity weight, people at 154 lbs each and propane have been subtracted. On Alpines, the chart is found on an upper kitchen cabinet door.
This article explains it better.

How Much Stuff Can You Carry?



Thanks!

ralph0808 12-08-2018 05:37 PM

The sticker on my door says CCC=2494.6 05 FDQS

Tom and Patty 12-08-2018 07:26 PM

Thanks! I don't think that is enough. Maybe we need to cut back.



Quote:

Originally Posted by ralph0808 (Post 4534676)
The sticker on my door says CCC=2494.6 05 FDQS


Tom and Patty 12-08-2018 09:12 PM

And Iím sure your so similar to the one for sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralph0808 (Post 4534676)
The sticker on my door says CCC=2494.6 05 FDQS


RVPioneer 12-08-2018 09:38 PM

Are you sure you're not looking at kilograms? Ours is over 5000lbs. The 2005 brochure lists a 40FDQS having a CCC of 3600lbs. Fully loaded were rolling at 30K.


What is the asking price for that coach?

NLOVNIT 12-08-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom and Patty (Post 4534341)
... people at 154 lbs each....

Crap! I'm in trouble right there. :nonono:

Lori-

Tom and Patty 12-08-2018 11:01 PM

Heck I donít know. Now Iím getting confused. RVP you are at 30k GVW is 32 or 33 k?
Quote:

Originally Posted by RVPioneer (Post 4534952)
Are you sure you're not looking at kilograms? Ours is over 5000lbs. The 2005 brochure lists a 40FDQS having a CCC of 3600lbs. Fully loaded were rolling at 30K.


What is the asking price for that coach?


Tom and Patty 12-08-2018 11:04 PM

I donít know who those little people are!! Our dog Hannah is in trouble. Well she is close.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by NLOVNIT (Post 4534989)
Crap! I'm in trouble right there. :nonono:



Lori-


RVPioneer 12-09-2018 09:08 AM

Our GVWR is 33K, 13K front 20K rear. Our actual weight on the scale is approximately 30K. Your 2000 has a GVWR of 31K. The CCC allows for 4 bodies at 154, so if you 2 and the dog are under 616lbs total, youíre under the limit.

I saw your post on the Country Coach forum. Have you considered a ďnewerĒ Alpine to replace your 2000? Not that CC is a bad choice.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.