iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Just Conversation (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/)
-   -   Drones (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/drones-424642.html)

Stranger 12-26-2018 11:46 PM

Drones

Who's got one?
What kind?
Where do you fly it?
Any special purpose for it?

okmunky 12-27-2018 02:52 AM

I thought it would be fun to have one. Then I started researching them. It's getting so you can’t fly them in many places. Then had one fly over me. That wasn’t any fun. Scraped the idea.

MSHappyCampers 12-27-2018 10:13 AM

I would love to have one but it seems you need to spend about $1000 to get a really nice one. Not ready to do that yet! :nonono:

Russ Silber 12-27-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers (Post 4561133)
I would love to have one but it seems you need to spend about $1000 to get a really nice one. Not ready to do that yet! :nonono:

Had one fun for a few years recieved drone lic when they were free. Sold it a few months ago. Became king of boring.[emoji12]

xrated 12-27-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers (Post 4561133)

I bought a Parrot BeBop 2 and a couple extra batteries and I've got about $600 or so in everything. If you are interested, do a search on YouTube...there are plenty of videos about them.

KM Rolling 12-27-2018 11:07 AM

I have an entry level U49C. We live on 6 acres and I just fly it on our property.

It is a lot of fun, especially for less than $100.

Has a low quality video camera as part of the drone and I've gotten some nice photos of our land and vehicles from a different perspective. Also gotten some nice sunsets.

I have thought about taking it with us on trips, but not done so in the 1.5 years I've had it. Do not want to bother others, nor deal with problems on an unintended landing in space that is not mine.

RescueRamsey 12-27-2018 11:20 AM

I have a DJI phantom 4 pro version. About $1500. Fun as hell to fly, takes amazing pictures and videos. No real purpose, just for fun. I fly it everywhere, but then I do live in rural area.

luckyd 12-27-2018 11:28 AM

Bought the Mavic Air.
Reason.....To get a lot of footage I was not able to get with
my camera, like into the Grand Canyon. Going to Europe in
the fall and plan on using it.

You need to check all the regulations for wherever you plan on
using it. Canada is planning a licence to use, but is still on the

drawing board. They do have regs. for flying.

Spent many hours online learning how to setup and fly.
Then it was lots of practice.
I looked at it as a "flying camera" rather than a new "toy".
This has a 4K camera with lots of different camera settings.

So far, am enjoying it.

Soppy 12-27-2018 11:54 AM

I have a DJI phantom 3 Advanced. I fly it around my property and when out boondocking. I use it to check/send messages in areas where there is no cell service. I just tie the cell phone to the drone ,then take it up 600 ft or so for a few minutes . If anyone has sent a message , I will get it on the phone. Same works for sending messages. So far it has worked in every site I have been in.

Glenn and Kathy 12-27-2018 12:22 PM

My drone is just a sob $100 toy, but has a great camera. Unfortunately doesn't control well so not real usable. I haven't thought to invest in a better one because I don't think I would use it much.

Glenn

Unicorn Driver 12-27-2018 01:10 PM

Could a drone be used to inspect an rv or house roof?

katielee 12-27-2018 01:16 PM

We had thought about getting one to help do campsite reviews and just to play with.

Se go to a lot of State parks and have found that many do not allow them. Then there is a registration requirement. Also, some folks object strenuously to being video'd even from a drone.

I just decided not to bother, but I do love watching videos others have taken. Awesome!!

RescueRamsey 12-27-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver (Post 4561365)
Could a drone be used to inspect an rv or house roof?

Yep. I've used mine for that.

Unicorn Driver 12-28-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RescueRamsey (Post 4561404)
Yep. I've used mine for that.

Great, would be handy if the conditions are not good for gping on the roof.