iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   Class A Motorhome Discussions (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/)
-   -   Class A DP accident (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/class-a-dp-accident-426007.html)

Lakeman1 01-06-2019 09:35 PM

Class A DP accident

There was a class A DP accident on I-20 near Columbia SC today. I haven't been able to get much info but the driver was transported with minor injuries. About 40 Gal of diesel fuel spilled.The body separated form the chassis.

Sweetbriar 01-06-2019 10:03 PM

It's a particularly ugly one. 42' DP upside down with most of the body shell separated from the chassis. If the driver only has minor injuries they need to go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.

UPDATE: One lane open on I-20 westbound after RV wreck

369dragster 01-06-2019 10:25 PM

Hate to see that tow bill,wow glad the driver is OK.

gvette85 01-07-2019 06:33 AM

That driver is very lucky to live through that.

Skiddy 01-07-2019 08:05 AM

dang, very lucky glad no one was hurt bad

lwmcguire 01-07-2019 08:48 AM

Luckily there aren't many accidents give the amount of DP's out there on the road

We have seen several that have caught fire along side the road over the years but luckily never a collision

Glad that there weren't any serious injuries as well

barmcd 01-07-2019 11:50 AM

That's nasty looking. Driver is lucky.

Lakeman1 01-07-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetbriar (Post 4577774)
It's a particularly ugly one. 42' DP upside down with most of the body shell separated from the chassis. If the driver only has minor injuries they need to go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.

UPDATE: One lane open on I-20 westbound after RV wreck

Thanks for posting, didn't get to watch the news and forgot to record.

Sweetbriar 01-08-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete & Linda (Post 4578951)
Thanks for posting, didn't get to watch the news and forgot to record.

Saw it first on Facebook associated with a closed RV group I am a member of which is where the news feed came from.

CountryB 01-08-2019 07:42 AM

What happened - what caused the accident? Tire blowout? Another car or truck?

marjoa 01-08-2019 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not only did the driver escape with minor injuries but did you guys notice that none of the front glass was broken? How does that even happen?

In a story update I read this:
An eyewitness told The State that the RV “flipped multiple times and landed sprawled across the interstate.” The person also reported that the RV collided with a small car.

The collision also caused traffic to be backed up in the eastbound lanes of I-26, SCDOT tweeted. That area is commonly referred to as “Malfunction Junction.”

As a side note:
I read a post here about a year ago about a guy who was in a bad accident, caught fire and all that remained were ashes. He went on to explain that he was billed for all the post clean up. He fought with his insurance company about it but they wouldn't pay. The covered his coach but not the clean up. The clean up was 7K.

I asked my agent about this when I renewed last year. They too said, we do not cover post accident clean up like this. It's your responsibility. He gave this clean up a specific name but I don't remember what it was.

I have a feeling this fella may have escaped with minor injuries to his body, but his wallet may suffer severe internal damage. Unless of course the person in the small car is responsible and will have to flip the bill. Boy, all this is going to take awhile.

Kraken 01-08-2019 10:48 AM

Is it possible to identify the make of that rig? Just wondering.

LETMGROW 01-08-2019 11:04 AM

Really glad to hear the driver is OK. Surely could have been worse.
Lynn

tderonne 01-08-2019 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraken (Post 4579728)
Is it possible to identify the make of that rig? Just wondering.

Forest River Charleston?

Headlights look similar. One piece windshield. Top mount mirrors. Tag axle (shown in the article).