iRV2 Forums

iRV2 Forums (http://www.irv2.com/forums/)
-   5th Wheel Discussion (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   New member saying Hi (http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/new-member-saying-hi-426322.html)

exe474 01-09-2019 12:46 PM

New member saying Hi

Hello all, Just a new member saying Hi from Indiana.....55 degrees this past week with cool nights...Just had to unwinter the 5er and go from thursday to Tueday.. Privet camp spot a few hours away..enjoyed feb. camping...spring not so far away now....
Side note...how do i lock an anderson funnel up when im away from the camper.
thanks and look forward to learning more.

manowell 01-09-2019 03:50 PM

Welcome to the forums! We were in northern Indiana in early December, not the best weather. Look forward to returning some time.

MSHappyCampers 01-10-2019 09:37 AM

Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang! :dance:

Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless! :thumb::D

TonyDi 01-10-2019 11:07 AM

:welcome:

RoadEyePie 01-10-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exe474 (Post 4581311)
Hello all, Just a new member saying Hi from Indiana.....55 degrees this past week with cool nights...Just had to unwinter the 5er and go from thursday to Tueday.. Privet camp spot a few hours away..enjoyed feb. camping...spring not so far away now....
Side note...how do i lock an anderson funnel up when im away from the camper.
thanks and look forward to learning more.

Welcome aboard. What are you pulling and pulling it with? We're about to take delivery of our first RV in March. Getting pretty excited and nervous as well but can't wait.

exe474 01-10-2019 10:29 PM

what am i pulling and pulling it with

We are pulling a 2011 ...31 ft High country 5th wheel with a Beautiful and very clean 1995 Chevy 3/4 ton extended cab 4x4 with the Diesel I am an old truck lover but needs to be clean and rust free... this allows us to enjoy the head turn and cool looks

scbwr 01-11-2019 05:09 AM

Welcome to the forum and may you have many great trips and adventures!

Gigattime 01-12-2019 09:16 AM

Welcome!

poppyof5 01-12-2019 11:08 PM

Hi welcome. So what is an Anderson Funnel ?

exe474 01-13-2019 08:33 PM

Anderson funnel

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppyof5 (Post 4586622)
Hi welcome. So what is an Anderson Funnel ?

the anderson funnel is the part bolted to the king pin on a 5er to convert to a goose... look up Anderson ultimate hitch.

poppyof5 01-13-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exe474 (Post 4588233)
the anderson funnel is the part bolted to the king pin on a 5er to convert to a goose... look up Anderson ultimate hitch.

Okay. Thanks

theboondork 01-16-2019 05:53 PM

I've been using an Anderson hitch for a couple of years for my Arctic Fox fifth wheel, and it's the smoothest hitch I've ever towed. They sell a lock for the Anderson hitch and its a big complicated thing and it's seems to me it was about 200 bucks. Since I boondock most of the time I'm always leaving the trailer sitting out in the middle of nowhere while I go to Walmart and I've never had a problem. I think one thing that saves me is very few people are driving around with the male part of the hitch in their truck, so they can't hook up to it. now the thief could take off the female part off the pin box and hitch up to it with a regular fifth wheel hitch. My theory is most crooks are lazy and had rather steal a trailer that's easier to steal. But since a lot of my theories have failed in the past, I carry very good insurance on the Arctic Fox.

exe474 01-23-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboondork (Post 4592792)
I've been using an Anderson hitch for a couple of years for my Arctic Fox fifth wheel, and it's the smoothest hitch I've ever towed. They sell a lock for the Anderson hitch and its a big complicated thing and it's seems to me it was about 200 bucks. Since I boondock most of the time I'm always leaving the trailer sitting out in the middle of nowhere while I go to Walmart and I've never had a problem. I think one thing that saves me is very few people are driving around with the male part of the hitch in their truck, so they can't hook up to it. now the thief could take off the female part off the pin box and hitch up to it with a regular fifth wheel hitch. My theory is most crooks are lazy and had rather steal a trailer that's easier to steal. But since a lot of my theories have failed in the past, I carry very good insurance on the Arctic Fox.

Thanks for the info...I have bought the hitch...the 5er is put away now due to snow... we have been plowing a lot lately... thank you..